Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Folks, I have an IDSM-2 blade in my 6500 running CatOS, i want to monitor all the Vlans in passive mode for right now. Is it better for me to use the SPAN feature or should i use VACL feature?Also cisco doc says that in Inline mode IDSM suppor...

HiI am trying to install the CSA MC on a Server running SQL 2000 . I select the "Remote Database" option , create a database, user and File group within the database called analysis as instructed however upon install of he CSAMC I keep getting prompt...

Looking to montior IM sessions using IDS. Due to the nature of IM and the many ports it can use, is there another method (string match etc) that can be used to monitor this activity? The use of customer signature(s) is ok.

5creedus by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to implement the following config:Multicast Source inside -> Pix -> outsideI need to be able to forward multicasts from a transmission source on the inside through the pix outside interface.In earlier version (6.3) I would have done the follow...

pviennet by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have pix firewall 501 and we have a static ip for internet acess kindly tell me plz how we configure this firewall .what is inside and outside ip and in outside will configure static ip adn in inside ip what we configure.

raman8880 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my config below?PIX Version 6.3(1)interface ethernet0 autointerface ethernet1 autonameif ethernet0 outside security0nameif ethernet1 inside security100enable password xxxxpasswd xxxxhostname pixfirewallfixu...

I'm having a problem understanding which ports correspond to services supplied by pix ver. 7 on my 515e firewall. Some services either appear to be missing or the service names don't jive with the regitered listing. ...any ideas? thx.

Resolved! netsky.p signature

According to the signature 3136.3, The regular expression that looks for netsky.p is \x68\x43\x7a\x65\x31\x57\x6c\x66\x57\x77\x69\x55\x33\x55\x43\x58\x59\x7a\x72\x79\x50\x6e\x4a\x45\x68\x38\x6f\x72\x0d\x0a\x4f\x31When this translated to ASCII it ishC...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card