Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

how to install asdm on pix7.0? I've instelled pix701.bin but cannot copy asdm-501.bin to flash. Looks like pix cannot read from TFTP but TFTP is OK, I've tried with tftp client and PIX can write to tftp. Anyone done this?thanks!

dragec by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to allow the McAfee agent to run on Windows PCs without popping up CSA warnings. I ran through the Wizard to allow this exception, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. Is there something I am missing?

andy by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Altho there are several theads dealing with auto (sheduled or due to config changes) backups they all involve Cisco management tools. Does anyone know if these can be done using Linux preferably or even Win2k via tftp or anything else.Thanks in ad...

I have a Cisco 4506 with 8 Vlans configured. I have two subnets that I want to protect, by passing users through a RADIUS server for authentication. Can anyone suggest whether or not I should use Lock and Key to apply dynamic ACL's, or a PIX Firewa...

saenzaf by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

While working with a network mapping tool called Intermapper our PIX was pushed to 100% CPU while filling the log with this message excessively: Denied ICMP type=3, code=3 from 144.bbb.ccc.dd on interface 3Output packets on interface 3 (facing this I...

Hi All,Could somebody advice me any tips and tricks to handle the following signaturs or any extra information to handle these. What are the measures that can be take to control the below list of signatures. I know there are inormation on the NSDB, I...

I'm not familiar with Cisco configuration but need to open firewall ports. Here is what I've done, but not sure if it is correct. Do I need to add more or am I off in left field somewhere?access-list ACL_in permit tcp any host 66.37.xxx.xxx eq 1025...

shawn by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just managed to lock myself out of a 501; no console access, no pdm access, and no telnet/ssh access. Went through the whole password recovery routine, but in that mode, the PIX could not even ping its own inside interface. You can already guess that...

waka2waka by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have noticed since i have been using PIX that they tend to drop the rsa keys used for SSH auth with no particular reason.I have tried ca save all but it still drops it from time to time.any ideas?cheers

dharris by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All ,i have 2 isp s .so they provide me total 12 addresses.. each 6 . now my query is i want to utilise these 12 ip addresses properly. can anybody give me best configuration.. is load balance possible between these two ISP sThanks in advanceNat...

nataraj_v by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi We are using Cisco 3005, ver 4.17, setup vpn lan to lan to checkpoint NG box in the vendor company. By the vendor, have to NAT private ip to the public ip for local network ip in lan to lan setup. We setup NAT rule with static NAT, enter source i...

bma by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have created a custom signature with idsmc 2.01 and during the creation it asked for a name. I entered the name that I wanted to use for the signature but when I received an event for the signature in SecMon, the name that appeared was the default ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card