Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have one vpn concentrator 3030 supporting pptp connections with radius authentication (radiator).I put the service online and all working fine at the beggining (the first 2 ou 3 hours), with some users to authenticate and using the service. A...

nuno by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We are running a VMS server that is receiving SYSLOG and IDS alerts from 5 sensors and 4 PIX firewalls. Both VMS and the sensors are running the latest code releases. The rate of received alarms is not high at all, around 5-20 per min. However...

pmacdanel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,My organisation uses a Cisco IDS 4215 which i always update from ciscoworks VMS 1.0.3. However, on applying the last update (IDS-sig.4.1.4-S137), it only update the sensor but failed to update the MC. Futhermore, when i telnet to the sensor i coul...

o.oresotu by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running OS 6.4(3) on a PIX 515e, with 64MB RAM. Windows XP Workstations behind the firewall, Oracle Server in front. Browser on workstation using port TCP: 8006 cannot hit server. Does the PIX have any issues with this port? I know very litt...

I've set up a small lab PIX515E(inside interace) and PC connected to the same switch on my desk.The PIX (outside interface) is connected to another switch which has access to a router. Of course IP addresses have been changed to protect the Innocent ...

Hi To allexcuse me i try to explain my network.we have 5 wireless access point beetween 5 zone( main zone is zone0) and my firewall is in zone0.we want deny bad access from each zone to other zone.i create vlan and zone0,zone1,zone2,zone3,zone4,zonef...

shhamidi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This may be an easy question but I am new to the IDS sensors and cannot find an answer to it yet. Are the IDS signature updates that you get all-inclusive or do they need to be applied sequentially?Thanks, Justin Loucks

What is the best way and recommended way to create an ACL to deny incoming traffic from certain internet hosts? (Spammers, Malwares, etc)Create a network-group and add their IPs to that group one at a time. Deny this group from the outside interface?...

ewong0088 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm going to have a pix with two "outside facing" interfaces, and two "inside facing" networks. Both outside interfaces have paths to the internet. Lets call the interfaces:'Outside1Outside2Inside1Inside2I need to be able to set up the pix so that ...

dear TS,i've grab traffif on my pix 515 using mrtg, but when i run this command "/usr/bin/cfgmaker --output=/etc/mrtg/pix.cfg --ifref=descr --global 'workdir: /home/rhiez/tools' --global 'options[_]: growright,bits' idc@212.x.x.10", I got error pr...

rhiez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card