Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Accesses from outside a PIX 515 to the public IP works fine. However, there are some situations where the PIX needs to reach ITSELF on the public IP being used in the static statement and this isn't working.Any ideas on what causes this ? The PIX OS ...

kschafer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a class c network. 192.168.1.0 /24i have several web,ftp and mail server 192.168.1.100 - 180I also have two dns server 192.168.1.35,192.168.1.45the problem is that i need to allow traffic from the outside to these webservers each host is a dif...

jcajuste by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just installed VMS and after installing it on the server, we found out that we had the wrong IP address. I have changed the address on hte server, but I am getting errors on trying to add devices. Do I need to reinstall VMS or is there a quick chan...

We have a company which use the Pix as VPN Server. Now we have to connect an internal PC to CheckPoint FW with the SecureRemote Client.We sniffered the intern and extern site of the Pix with following results:the client update to the remote site is o...

Hi,Im stuck on a little problem. I'm setting up a brand new 506E firewall. When I try to specify an internal IP for my interface I get the following error, "interface address is not on the same subnet as the dhcp pool" I've disbaled the DHCP server o...

sysadmin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is a somewhat lengthy post so I'll pose the key questions up front:1) Are there any other viable workarounds for the problem/behaviour described below?2) Is the behaviour described below a bug that should be fixed or a "design feature" of the 30...

dave by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Do you need to setup an access list to enable syslog messages to a host on the inside interface? I'm not getting syslog messages on kiwi. I have it set up for udp on port 20000 and the pix has the logging host inside 'x' udp/20000 command. In the ...

raffski by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I am sucessfully configured my LAN switches for port security auto shutdown and max-mac-count 1 in order to protect any body to plug they laptop or any other device to get connected with my network without authorized approval. I knew it is ...

mtrf by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am going to upgrade my PIX(520)software version from 6.2 to 6.3(3).But I want take backup of existing version 6.2copy flash tftp--This command does not exist.Is there any way to copy existing software for backup ??Please help me.Ishwar

ishwar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PIX software

HiI am going to upgrade my PIX(520)software version from 6.2 to 6.3(3).But I want take backup of existing version 6.2copy flash tftp--This command does not exist.Is there any way to copy existing software for backup ??Please help me.Ishwar

ishwar by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card