Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I reelly need some help , I could not resolve with my self.I am connect a Cisco 3620 Router to the Internet, and I am getting IP address.Pix 515 is also connected to the Router in one side and to a switch on the other side: Internet-----Router-------...

sq by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We PIX 515E Firewall with a 4-Port Ethernet Module Installed. The DMZ machines are supposed to be connected the Ethernet Module.Lets say our Public address space is x.x.x.1-62.The outside interface of the PIX is configured with x.x.x.2.I want to c...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Inside a simple configured PIX I have a w2000 VPN-client with PPTP. The client can't talk with an other PIX otside configured with VPDN.Every thing works as expected if I put in a siple nat-firewal NETGEAR801 insted of PIX.See PIX config and syslog. ...

I have a PIX 501 with a broadband connection to the outside and a home office LAN on the inside. What would be a solid IDS policy to activate and what interfaces should it be applied to? Will there be any other necessary steps to activate IDS?

joel-metz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been told the PIX isn’t able to do stateful inspection on packets before passing them to the internal interface when terminating an IPSec VPN. I have also heard the packets are decrypted first then statefully inspected before being handed to t...

cmd1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Okay. So I'm in a bit of a bind.Trying to get the Linux 3.6.2 (A) client to connect to our PIX 515, running 6.2(2) code, without the 3DES option.Client platform is RedHat Linux 8.0. Compile worked fine.Windows XP/2000 clients work fine. But the Linux...

alynch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI, I swapped out a 515 running 6.0 (1) and replaced it with a 506 running 6.1 (4).I copied over the config ( cut and paste) and everything copied over ok. Now I cannot send or receive email, but www access is ok. When i put the 515 back in everyth...

fearon-j by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello;Anyone successfully upgraded a Pix 520 to firmware v6.x? When attempting to upgrade from v5.1(2), I receive an error 'Obsolete FLASH card. Upgrade required" The 520 has 32mb ram & 2 mb flash - do I need extra RAM, etc.?Thank you

Can I set the PIX 525e I have to use IAS within Windows 2000 to Authorise users to access the Internet?I have the PIX between my network and an ADSL router, but I would like to be able to control who can access the internet from the network.Any help ...

r.lent by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes