Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I recently installed a PIX firewall with three interfaces and NAT . The network layout is like as follows :The network behind internal interface has a 4700 router with multiple WAN ports and LAN ports. From this router there are three more networks....

Resolved! PIX 501 Logging

I would like to log hacking and intrusion attacks via a PIX 501 with a broadband connection into a home office setup. I have the device up and running and I'm currently setup with the Kiwi Syslog Dameon. What would be my best approach to logging al...

joel-metz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Supose a company has a complete network running and in production. All routers are using IPsec between each others. The topologi is a hub and spoke. All router configs have been generated by CSPM. According to the documentation, it's possible to impo...

palton by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Is it possible to force a failover switch between PIX-515 firewalls by using SNMP (MIB variable)? The two firewalls are configured for LAN-based failover. Beside the normal failover switching criterias, we are looking for a solution to initiate...

druch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

106012: Deny IP from 192.168.1.1 to x.x.x.x, IP options: "0x14". I receive this syslog message about 6000 times per hour from our Pix. This is from SAP frontend clients logging on and sending packets to SAP R/3 servers. Does anyone have any idea o...

rj.remien by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a bunch of PIX 506E's acting as a FW's for a VPN I have deployed. We have a Nortel Contivity client sitting behind it doing Nat Traversal connecting back to a Nortel 4500 Head end at Corp. The problem is that all other sites work except...

jerry.roy by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have some advice on how to configure MRTG to monitor a VPN 3030 concentrator? I'm interested in graphic bandwidth utilization on the public and private interfaces, as well as active connections, IPSec flow, and CPU utilization. I've tri...

Ben.Levin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Could you please help.I was testing pix 501 for the first time. Upgraded it to 6.21.I got it configured and after booting it, it lost its eth 1 interface. Now it does not come up at all. I would say that interface is broken, but we werHere isCi...

kuismsu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card