Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

How would you explain to a client the benefits of using a PIX instead of the Cisco IOS Firewall when they have already purchased the Cisco IOS Firewall with a 2600? Other than the layered approach recommended by Cisco what would be the benefits?Thank...

BWTG by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to route traffic from a PIX to 2 routers, so the traffic is balanced on two path. I think to use two static routes with same metric and different next-hop (2 routers).Have you any idea if this configuration works? Do you already configured it?...

On Pix 506 I configured three public IP's as static convertion for Private address ex: the inside address are 10.0.0.201-203 aqnd public address is 207.49.24.50-52The public IP's are not registered even after configuring the Alias command the public...

sasif23 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone explan this message from the PIX syslog? The 208.*.*.* address is my DNS server on the outside network. The 63.*.*.* address is a client address on the inside network. The client seems to resolve DNS with no problem. What does this me...

jimb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a PIX 515 that handles all of our tunnelling and firewalling functionality. We'd like to be able for someone to use the VPN client to tunnel into our network from home and then route to a remote office. The catch is that the remote office i...

I would like to update software in PIX-515-UR, version 4.4 to 5.x or 6.x. for test purposes. Must I buy a licence or may I just download an image from CCO? Should I have any licence key to do the update?

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What ports need to be openned to put a Microsoft server to DMZ network and still keep this server a part of the active directory that is inside the PIX?Thanks,Michael

v6ip by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was under the impression that by default, conversations started on the inside of a PIX would go out and responses would be allowed in. And it does seem to work like this for various apps like Web, telnet, ftp and so forth. However, I am trying to...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to determine how much flash memory is in my PIX 520. PIX520# sh flashflash file system: version:1 magic:0x12345679 file 0: origin: 0 length:1376312 file 1: origin: 1376768 length:12412 file 2: origin: 0 length:0 file 3: origi...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes