Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I've come across a problem w/ a home-grown application on a DMZ opening a connection to an internal SQL server through a PIX. The app seems to want to open a connection and keep it open forever. The Pix, as per default, drops the connection after a...

mcordiez by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!I am a rookie on PIX configuration, I just want to know if it is possible to filter a website without having a websense?If possible please teach me how, I need to filter some websites. How about filtering "Morpheus", ICQ and the likes?Your inpu...

dpelea by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone have this working...PIX (6.1.1) with static IP, and Sonicwall firewall (6.2.0) with a dynamic (dsl) ip address? I've sort of got it working by disabling Mode-config and XAuth on the 0.0.0.0 crypto-map. It makes it through Phase 2 and sets up t...

gtate by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am curious if I have a correct understanding of the two. I am new to CBAC.PIX does the following:1. Uses access-lists to allow outgoing and incoming traffic at layer 3 and layer 4 (port redirection).CBAC does the following:1. Augments access-lis...

rremien by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Pix

Some users can access the internet while some users cannot thru the pix.In the pix we find out that some of these users are having there addresses patted several times,while some users have there connection flagged.For instance we have flag r,flag s ...

rtaiwo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm running a 515 with 6.1 code. RIP v2 is working fine with MD5 authentication to an internal 2600 router. Via debug on the 2600 I can see the routes recieved (just a default from the pix) so I know communication & RIP authentication is good. ...

sskillin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When I tried to access the PIX firewall using the external IP address (from the Internet), I noticed that the PIX did not created a syslog entry to report this attempt. Does someone know how to setup the PIX that attempts to access the pix are logged...

rrbleeker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone had any success in passing DCOM/COM through a PIX or any other firewall for that matter. I have one host (Web Server) in a DMZ off the PIX and the other host (Middle Tier)is inside. I have tried NAT'ing the (MIddle Tier) out to the DMZ and...

rcrowe by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am setting up the PIX with inbound connections to several different hosts on my internal network. I am confused on using the static command because I have eight internal hosts that receive connections from the outside world. Do I have to use a ...

dnehoda by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a mail server on my LAN , PIX on the outside, and then the ROUTER and then the rest of the WORLD :).The users can access Mail , send and receive mail , but when they try to log on to the mail server from their house Using outlook expres...

tauseef by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

configuring Pix 506 using IOS 6.1 I'm able to access the internet inside out, and I can access my web site from the outside only by IP address not by name ie. www.mydomain.com. Also I'm not able to recieve mail. Config lines that I'm using any sugges...

I found that there are only host objects and network objects in PIX. Therefore, if I have ten machines such as 10.1.0.1, 10.1.0.3, 10.1.0.5,...... 10.1.0.19 and each of them needs to access 100 subnets such as 10.0.1.0/24, 10.0.3.0/24, 10.0.5.0/24, ...

echee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 525 running PIX 6.01. I'm trying to setup a SuperScout email filtering server to scan for viruses and such. I had a static address translation from the public IP address of our mailserver to the actual private IP address of the server. I...

mike.t by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes