Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

hi,i got a spare ASA5515-X but no SSD installed. i would like to convert the ASA to FTD to get hands on lab and prepare for possible FP/FTD HW upgrade soon. which one should i order: ASA5515-SSD120-K8 or ASA5515-SSD120-K9?is it one has FP OS installe...

Hello all,I'm trying to perform a traceroute from a host behind ASA 5505, but i cannot see any path:C:\Users\Stef>tracert -d www.google.comTracing route to www.google.com [216.58.207.36]over a maximum of 30 hops:1 * * * Request timed out.2 * * * Requ...

Net_Stef by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Let's say on as ASA there is an object nat statement such as  in which nattedhosts is a 10.10.10.0 /24 subnet."ojbect network nattedhosts"nat (any,outside) static interface To create an ACL to allow ANY traffic to communicate with these hosts say por...

Our IKEv2 VPN is showing some very odd behavior. We have two devices our end that need to be seen as interesting traffic, they are n.n.8.4 and n.n.9.4. When these were configured I put in 8.4 first followed by the 9.4, the tunnel came up, traffic pas...

So if an IPSEC tunnel on ASA is down, only traffic I see in logs show IKE Receiver received on (IP of our local FW) from the (Peer IP of tunnel) but no IKE Response messages are sent back from our Firewall. Shouldn't I see this type of traffic in the...

Hello, I'm trying to configure a bridge group  for example:   interface BVI2 nameif inside security-level 100 ip address xx.xx.xx.xx xxx.xxx.xxx.x   interface GigabitEthernet1/2 bridge-group 2 nameif inside_2 security-level 100 interface GigabitEth...

mawright1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloMy 1st post...the colors are AWFUL/atrocious here. I remember when white on black was the 'in' thing...Anyone know where I can DL PIX 7.2(4)  docs, in HTML, NOT pdf. I hate pdf's as I cannot edit them to add notes, I cannot create links within t...

mikey777 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to configure netflow exporting through a route-based site-to-siteIPsec tunnel on a Cisco ASA 5512 V9.9 device. Neither the CLI nor ASDM will let me select the VTI as the interface to use for the netflow collector. Is Flexible Netflow requi...

megrez80 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Snort Scripting

Hello  Is there a way to write custom SNORT rules (for IPS) and OpenAppID scripts(for a new Protocol or an APP) and use them in FTD or Firepower Services?Links would be appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card