Views
Helpful
Replies

Youtube being blocked for some Domain Users, but not for all Users

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Dear community, 

Am facing an issue were a user is in the Domain Users group, a group were i stopped YouTube and media streaming, but I found a User to be able to access and use YouTube. 

Checked the user and is in the same group as the other Domain Users. and Also, is being authenticated via the Firewall same as the other users. Its also in the same VLAN as other users. 

While testing: Other Users don't get to open content in YouTube, but this one user can open content. 

The really wired issue is that, I can see the user in FTD to be authenticated, however, I don't see YouTube traffic from that host IP. 

I made sure there is no proxy installed in the 

Do you have any suggestion how to further troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you,

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi@laurathaqi 

You can run the command "system support firewall-engine-debug" filter on the users' IP address and determine what rule the user did match against.

Then refer to this link for some useful troubleshooting steps, start from the "verification" section of this link. You will need to determine what mappings the FTD has and whether the FTD has the group mappings.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi@laurathaqi 

You can run the command "system support firewall-engine-debug" filter on the users' IP address and determine what rule the user did match against.

Then refer to this link for some useful troubleshooting steps, start from the "verification" section of this link. You will need to determine what mappings the FTD has and whether the FTD has the group mappings.

Hi @Rob Ingram 

Thank you for the great feedback. I applied this command and it told me exactly were the user matches against the rules. 

Best regards,

Laura 

Hi @Rob Ingram 

The next issue is that when that user retries to reload YouTube around five times, after being blocked for five times, the YouTube content loads successfully. This even though the firewall events shows that its being blocked.  

Do you have any idea why this could be happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best regards,

Laura

i also have the same problem here. can anyone help us out with this one?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card