Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing configuration between NSO and XRv device

Hello All,

Currently, I want to demonstrate NSO feature for deploying Segment Routing using XRv at my customer. I am simulating the SR network using XRv 6.1.3 and NSO 5.1 version. I can successfully register, connect, and sync the XRv devices to/from NSO.

However, I am experiencing some missing config in the NSO compare to XRv running configuration as captured below:

Screenshot from 2020-02-16 22-58-31.png

On the XRv device running config, the SR feature is enabled but in NSO it doesn't appear. In fact, I have checked the "sync-from" status in NSO Device Manager and the XRv devices are in Sync status:Screenshot from 2020-02-16 22-38-57.png

Is there any issue with the NED version compatibility or something?

Anybody has the same experience and know how to solve it?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakhmad

cc: @hinwoto 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tcragg1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rakhmad,

From the screenshots, it looks like you are using one of the IOS-XR CLI NEDs that is included with the NSO application file (cisco-iosxr-cli-3.5). That NED version is many years old, so it will not have complete feature coverage (for context, the newest released IOS-XR CLI NED is version 7.20).

Looking at the YANG model for a more recent IOS-XR CLI NED, the SR feature appears to be available under router ospf, so you should just need to get a newer NED version to support what you are trying to do.

View solution in original post

Just to add to this, the Cisco NEDs (newer ones mentioned) are available for trial use on DevNet:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/#!getting-nso/getting-nso

this includes the IOS-XR one discussed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tcragg1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rakhmad,

From the screenshots, it looks like you are using one of the IOS-XR CLI NEDs that is included with the NSO application file (cisco-iosxr-cli-3.5). That NED version is many years old, so it will not have complete feature coverage (for context, the newest released IOS-XR CLI NED is version 7.20).

Looking at the YANG model for a more recent IOS-XR CLI NED, the SR feature appears to be available under router ospf, so you should just need to get a newer NED version to support what you are trying to do.

Just to add to this, the Cisco NEDs (newer ones mentioned) are available for trial use on DevNet:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/#!getting-nso/getting-nso

this includes the IOS-XR one discussed. 

Hi Jason and All,

Thanks, it worked now after downloaded the new NED version!

-Rakhmad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: