Views
Helpful
Replies

NED / Package install

Hi all,

I have NSO 4.7.2.1 installed on RHEL 7.5 as a system install

i want to install NED cisco-nx-5.7.6

i extracted the tar file in to $NCS_DIR/packages/neds/

after some playing around with path parameters i managed to build the ned with some random warning - see below

[root@localhost:/opt/ncs/current]# make -e clean all -C $NCS_DIR/packages/neds/cisco-nx/src | grep "BUILD"
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9422: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9422: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:22540: warning: when tailf:cli-drop-node-name is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-suppress-mode is used in combination. using tailf:cli-drop-nodename in a list child without using tailf:cli-suppress-mode on the list, might lead to confusing behaviour, where the user enters the submode without being able to give further configuration.
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:18316: warning: when tailf:cli-sequence-commands is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-compact-syntax is used in combination. or that tailf:cli-hide-in-submode is given in at least one of the child nodes
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:18348: warning: when tailf:cli-sequence-commands is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-compact-syntax is used in combination. or that tailf:cli-hide-in-submode is given in at least one of the child nodes
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:40109: warning: when tailf:cli-drop-node-name is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-suppress-mode is used in combination. using tailf:cli-drop-nodename in a list child without using tailf:cli-suppress-mode on the list, might lead to confusing behaviour, where the user enters the submode without being able to give further configuration.
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9420: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9420: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
[root@localhost:/opt/ncs/current]#

How ever when i go in to the CLI and try reload packages there is nothing ......

admin@ncs# packages reload
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs#

Where and what am i doing wrong 

Thanks

Regards

Yale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have the packages located directly inside the 'packages' directory (no 'neds' sub-directory)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most probably the package is not located under the (correct) packages directory.

In system install with default directories locations, your packages directory is under: /var/opt/ncs/packages (not /opt/ncs/packages for example).

BTW, in most cases, you don't need to recompile the NED.

[root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages]# mkdir neds [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages]# cd neds [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# sudo ln -s /opt/ncs/current/packages/neds/cisco-nx cisco-nx [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# ls cisco-nx [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# exit exit [admin@localhost:/var/opt]$ ncs_cli -C -u admin admin connected from 10.122.68.253 using ssh on localhost.localdomain admin@ncs# packages reload admin@ncs# show packages % No entries found. admin@ncs# no luck :(

Have the packages located directly inside the 'packages' directory (no 'neds' sub-directory)

nisheeth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am Nisheeth and new to NSO

The content of this ticket matches to my problem and I follow3d with remedy and it didnt work

As per the thread i copied one ned directory to packages & compiled them still i dont see the packages in the ncs_cli -C -u admin

ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$ ll packages
total 36
drwxr-xr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 tools
drwxr-xr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 services
drwxr-xr-x 12 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 neds
drwxr-xr-x 6 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 lsa
drwxr-xr-x 7 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 cisco-ios-cli-3.0
drwxr-xr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 auth
drwxrwxr-x 17 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 15:53 ..
drwxr-xr-x 9 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 20:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 20:23 cisco-nx-cli-3.0
ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$

~/ncs-6.1$ make -e clean all -C $NCS_DIR/packages/cisco-nx-cli-3.0/src|grep -i build

ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$ ncs_cli -C -u admin

User admin last logged in 2023-10-04T20:24:10.852985+00:00, to nsovm, from 192.168.50.7 using cli-ssh
admin connected from 192.168.50.7 using ssh on nsovm
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs# packages reload
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs#

Need your guidance as what could be the problem