Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 would not recognize a 2MFT1 controller card

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

We have a brand new 3825 router which has 2mft1 controller card in slot 0/1, but the router IOS does not see it. We are running advanced ip services in the router.

I tried using the command, "card type t1 0/1" but it does not work.

Please help.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post an output of "sh diagnostics"

Chris

chris,

I do not have access to the router, but it does show the card in the show diag. What would prevent the router IOS from not seeing the cards.

Thanks,

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Parwal,

The correct configuration for card type is,

card type t1 x y (no slashes). Does the card type command show up on your router config ?

Can you also paste a sh version or atleast tell us, what IOS version and feature set is running on it.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shankar,

Thanks for the response, i will surely post this threat.

The command you mentioned does not show up in the IOS. I have used that command previous for NMHDV2.

I tried service provider and advanced IP services feature set and got the same result(can not see that command).

Thanks

I should have read your initial thread more carefully. My bad. I see that you are running adv. ip services IOS. That should definitely support any of the voice h/w.

Now can you verify if your vwic is a

a. vwic-2mft-t1

or

b. vwic2-2mft-t1/e1.

Only option b needs the card type command. Option a is the first gen. vwic and is either t1 only or e1 only.

Also note that the card type command, shows up only in global config mode. In my previous post, x and y means the slot number (x) and wic or onboard controllers (y=0, y=1)

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Shankar,

The card says it is vwic2-2mft-t1/e1. The command that you mentioned is it a hidden command? i tried using the command in global config mode and i do not see any options, it does not even like the work "card".

I have not installed PVDM's yet in the router, not sue if that would impact anything.

Any help would he highly appreciated.

Thanks

Its most likely that, the problem here is that you dont have any pvdms installed. Install pvdm's first and then try the command.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW