cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 Password Reset

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

The Default Administrator password for our 7935 was inadvertantly reset and is no longer **#. To complicate matters, it is no longer registered with CCM. I would like to put the default factory settings on it again but I cannot initiate anything. Is there a key sequence I can push to do this? or something else I could try?

thanks

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think there is a way to recover a lost default password.

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

The admin guide only gives the following for resets:

Restore Factory Defaults

The Restore Defaults Web page lets you restore the factory default settings on the IP Conference Station.

Opening the Restore Defaults Web Page

Click Restore Defaults in the navigation pane.

Restoring Defaults

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution When you restore the factory defaults, all current settings, configuration, and data, including the phone book entries, are lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To restore defaults:

Click Restore Defaults.

I would assume that you need to be logged in as the admin to reset the password so might not be of much help in this instance.

However this might help:

CSCin62150

When the Cisco CallManager release is changed, and the IP Conference Station is downgraded from the P00503010400 release to the P00503010300, P00503010200, or P00503010100 release, the administrator password is lost.

Workaround: On the IP Conference Station, press **1 to restore the factory default settings.

Regards

D