cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced Scripting with IPCC Express

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer that has a legacy UBB database system. This database has a telnet front end custom for this customer. Their current legacy IVR has a screen scraping script that telnets to this Database front end then the script enters the account number. The info comes back to the telnet session and the script scraps this information. The script then takes this information back to it's IVR function and manipulates the info for its tasks.

I would like to write some kind of a bidirectional script like this but I have only done ODBC integrations and screen pops with keyboard macros.

Can someone point me into the right direction. I appreciate it much.

Thank you.

Mike

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

http://www.goldsys.com/

They create a java bean step for the CRA Editor to do screen scrapes.

Gold sytems told me that they don't make a Java Bean step for CRA. They make third party Java software that only scrapes for TN3270/TN5250 sessions.

I need to scrape from a normal telnet window.

Any other suggestions?

You will have to create your own custom java bean which will use some third-party tools/api to screen scrape telnet sessions. There is lot of third-party tools available out there. There should be quite some programs written in java which can be rewritten or used directly from the ivr script.