cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Parse error

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

I have a simple service that collects information from the softkeys and passes it along. It works on the 7960's and PSE, but the 7970 gives me an XML Error [4]: Parse Error. I'm not doing anything particularly exciting. Does the 7970 use a different schema? I've sniffed the traffic and the request and response look fine. Ideas?

Rick

6 Replies 6

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

What version of CallManager?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but back around the time of 3.3 I recall a problem where the 7970 was different from the 7940/7960 etc with regards to the xml header/version (it either wanted or didn't want it, can't quite remember).

Not sure if that's relevant or even the problem, but it's all that comes to mind at the moment!

You might also want to browse the bugs for the phone load you're using on the 7970, as there are usually a number of issues with that phone...

Not applicable

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Running CME in a lab, I will associate it to a CallManager and see if a different load helps. Meanwhile, this is the first page which loads fine:

header("Content-type: text/xml");

header("Connection: close");

header("Expires: -1");

?>

Here's phoneclock.php:

Rick

Your second InputItem has an invalid flag "p".

Valid values for inputflags

Right, P is a modifying flag, not a flag itself, as XmlEquals noted above from the XSD.

For example, if it's a PIN password, you can use numeric (flag value NP), or for alphanumeric entry (flag value AP). Using a flag value of NP allows for faster entry of numeric values, but if you need to allow alphanumeric values (as is often the case) you'll probably have to use something like AP...

See also:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080406727.html#wp1033366

Nice... That was it, thanks for the help and the extra set of eyes. What's funny is that I had that in one file, but I had made changes and went to a backup.

Rick

P.S. I can't seem to rate your posts, I think I'm going home, enough problems in one day. Thanks again.