cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new Publisher questions

d.kettler
Level 1
Level 1

My customer would like to replace their existing Publisher with a bigger-better server. We are going to use the exported data from the existing Publisher to build and configure the new one then reload the old Publisher as a subscriber. For the existing subscriber, do I have to rebuild it from scratch or is there some way to 'point' it to the new publisher and if so what SQL considerations?

Thanks

Dave

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

You will need to reimage and reinstall the former Publisher in order to make it a Subscriber. There isn't any supported way to repoint or promote/demote server types within a cluster.

Thnaks for the reply. I am aware that you can't promote or demote servers but from your reply I infer that that the existing subscriber is going to have to be reimaged as well?

Thanks

Dave

No the subscribers wont need to be reinstalled.

Just make sure you install the new server with the same credentials as the old one name ip etc.

And ensure the patch levels are the same

Then use BARS utility to restore the data.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/backup/bars40/barsad40/restore.htm

HTH

Allan

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave,

A easier way will be to break the RAID form the old PUB and insert the drives in the new PUB server.

You dont have to reimage the PUB from backup.

Thanks,

Arijit