cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcement / Paging

sudhirsamant
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco 4507 and Callmanager 3.3 with IP phones 7960 Series. I would like to know how to do announcement/ paging for all users.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as I can remember you can't - however third party apps are available to do this, e.g. Berbee:

http://phone-xml.berbee.com/

I've not used these though - has anyone out there an opinion on these apps?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Berbee offers a number of XML apps and services. The paging functionality is through an application called Informacast. It does voice and text paging over the phones. There a fair amount of granular control. You can create goups of phones and control who can page. It works well.

Check out the XML links at the bottom of this page:

http://www.berbee.com/NR/exeres/F7D6D915-93C3-48A7-B23D-B8FBCCC24D68.htm

vocollect
Level 1
Level 1

We do have paging, but it's not via the phones. We use ceiling speakers and a valcom unit.

Call Manager is set up with a Route Pattern 175.X, using the same partition as all our phones, Description of Paging Route Pattern. The gateway is set to the port that the Valcom unit is connected.

Careful of how many speakers you have, you may need an additional power supply... I believe if its over 25 speakers, you then need the power supply, but you'd have to verify that number. I also believe the additional power supply supports up to 80 or 90 speakers.

Debbie

Debbie,

I hope you don't mind answering my question, but which model of Valcom did you use, and what did you use on the Cisco gateway to connect it? Was there any special config involved, because I have read on this newsgroup about some problems with Valcom and Cisco?

Thanks,

Dragi

julm
Level 1
Level 1

Net6 which was just purchased by Citrix has a gatway product that has the paging feature I think you are looking for.Go to www.net6.com for more information.