Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA integrated with Cisco Call Manager

furqanali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have integrated ATA 186 with Cisco Call Manager using SCCP, both of its port are registered and have seperate DN numbers. The problem i am facing is that I can only receive and send calls through only one port, its second port never worked, although I can see it is

registered to call Manager.

Does anyone have idea what's wrong with it.

Thanks

SFA

9 Replies 9

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Do you get dial tone on both ports at same time ? are these connected to phones or fax machines ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Both the ports are connected to phones and I do get the dial tone on both phones at the same time. But phone connected to second port doesnot work, I always get the busy signals when someone dial the DN for this port and same thing happens when i dail through this phone. Any idea.

thanks

Are you using G729? Only one ATA port can use G729.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ataadmn/sccp3_0/sccpach1.htm#wp1033158

When operating with a low-bit-rate codec, the Cisco ATA can support either two G.723.1 connections or one G.729 connection. The selection of G.723.1 or G.729 must be statically configured. When G.723.1 is the low-bit-rate codec, each FXS port is allocated with one G.723.1 connection. When G.729 is used, only one FXS port can use G.729.

Yes, I have configured it with G.729.

It means that when G.729 codec is used only one port can be used at all and second port never works on SCCP.

Is that correct??

Thanks

The second port can only be used for G711 calls.

We have many sites where we have a cordless phone on the 1st port which uses G729 for calls over the WAN, and have a low speed modem on the 2nd port which only receives calls through the local gateway using G711.

Does it mean that the physical second port can only work with G.711.

What I remember is that this only happens when both ports are in use.

Need your comments.

Thanks

mikehunt140
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the same problem I am having, I have just done a new TAC request for what we are experiencing.

ATA configured correctly on both ports. If sending call out through a H323 gateway only port 1 works. port 2 gives the following error on the H323 gateway

ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x7E3D

Cause i = 0x80AF - Resource unavailable, unspecified

However the very same ATA sending calls through our MGCP gateway, works fine for both ports.

I am in conversation with TAC now about this problem that we are experiencing. and I will update this post when I get an answer

mikehunt140
Level 1
Level 1

OK, here is how we solved our problem with line 2 going through a H323 gateway.

- made a call using 7940/7960 through same gatway that ATA would and pressed ?? ot ii on 7940/7960 phone to get stats for that stream

- this will tell you what codec the gateway wants to use for outgoing calls

- it told us that it was using G.729. And therefore telling the ATA to use G729

-therefore our gateway was not configured correctly

- our problem was that the voice class

codec was not specified on the outgoing dialpeer on the H323 gateway. Once we had rectified this the ATA used G711 and line 2 worked