Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup CUCM and restored it in another CUCM

Alfred KOBA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please, it's possible to make a backup of one CUCM and restored it in another CUCM?

How to do it?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alfred,

You can restore the backup only if CUCM versions match i.e.the versions should match exactly.

regds,

aman

Thank you for your support.

Unfortunately, i have installed the CUC on this new server.

Anyway, i considere your orientations.

Keep in mind that it's not just a matter of the same CUCM versions; you need to ensure that the security password for the cluster is the same for the source cluster as it is for the destination cluster. The reason being that the tar files are encrypted with the security password as a key.

As Jaime has pointed out, go over the requirements.  Keep in mind that .COP files aren't backed up by DRS, but CTLs are which is important if you're in Mixed mode. So if you have any timezone/locale files you need to preserve, do so.

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Alfred, 

You could export the configuration using Bulk Administration Tool from a CUCM and restore to another;

Bulk Administration > Export and select everything you want from there and then download the file.

On the new server do the same process - Open up the .tar file and look in header.txt and copy the "CCM: master-...." 

Open the .tar file from the first server, in the header.txt file replace the CCM: "master-..." with the one you copied from the new server. Save the file.

You can now import the .tar file using Bulk Administrator > Import

Note - some of the entries may not match between versions as tables etc have been updated.

Regards,

Richard

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DRS documentation already covers the requirements for a DRS restore, I'd suggest you review it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate