Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Trigger 1

julaitinen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have about 400 extensions with 400+ lines. I need to set the busy trigger to 1 for all the lines. How do I accomplish that?

6 Replies 6

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

use BAT, update line and change the fwd busy destination

We have same problem. As an default multiple call/call waiting settings's busy trigger is 2. We made 500 numbers with bat tool and now customer wants busy trigger changed to value 1. Customer wants that if someone is on phone, caller receives busy tone. How we are able to "mass" change value of busy trigger to 1 ?

I have not seen this myself, but in recent discussion, I heard that while the BAT tool (ver 5.0(1)) that comes with CM 4.0(1) does not have the max number of calls and busy trigger fields, the BAT tool (ver 5.0(2)) that comes with CM 4.0(2a)does have those fields available for update.

Mary Beth

balbler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Well, you could be nasty and change the values via sql in the numplan table. Of course this is unsupported and might cause all kind of problems(but it works).

The other, official and supported way would be the use axl to update the lines (updateLine method if i remember correctly).

What is the "axl". Does it address other bulk changes that are not possible via bat, like no answer ring duration and call pickup group?

AXL is an XML programming interface for Call Manager. It is by no way complete (there are still things you need the CCM Admin pages for), but it allows you to automate many things.

you can download the specification of the AXL interface here: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

And yes, it would allow you to automate such a task, though being a programming interface, it would require some programming on your end (basically a call to getPhones, then parse the result to extract all the phones, and make an updatePhone call for each phone setting the desired parameters).

Hope that helps