Helpful
Replies

call over pstn.

nivanak
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

i want to call over pstn.

below URL , i do not understand about 9.@ ?

thought i configured below url , call failed.

plz help me

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017825e.shtml

4 Replies 4

a.awan
Level 4
Level 4

The 9.@ is a route pattern that matches standard NANP dialing patterns. For this router pattern you need to define a gateway (explicitly or through a route list) so that when a match to this patter occurs the CCM wills end the digits to the gateway. It is normal to discard the 9 and send all following digits to the gateway connected to the PSTN.

You can configure you gateway and route pattern or you can configure your gateway, place the gateway in a router group and then place the route group in a route list. The later has more flexibility. When you configure your route pattern you will then be able to select your gateway from the gateway/route list drop down menu.9@ is for North American dialing patterns, so if you do not need this you can use 9. instead.

hello. thanks your answer.

but, i configured route pattern without route list and route group.

of course , i configured route pattern with route list/group.

when i pushed 9 at once , call disconnected.

i using 9.@ . i do not know reason.

route pattern failed. cm registered mgcp gateway.

paul.alvarez
Level 4
Level 4

Yeah I agree with the earlier posts. Make sure that you are discarding the 9 before sending it out to gateway. If it's H323, make sure your dial peers are correct. Post your dial peer if H323 gateway. We'll help you out.