Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID for Outbound call Native Call Queue CCM 11.0

ilana_ilana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have setup native call queue in CUCM 11.0 and its working fine. Only problem is when Agents make outbound call (PSTN), there caller ID is displaying the PRI's main number 17981000.

Our HuntPilot is 1234 (It is part of our PRI DID range).

Agent's extensions are 8001, 8002, 8003 (these extensions are out off of PRI DID range).

How can we setup system to appear outbound caller ID as 1234 for internal calls (within CUCM) & 17981234 for outbound call ( to Mobile network/PSTN) ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For internal calls, you could utilize the "Caller ID for Calls from This Phone" field on the device page. You'd have to configure a Calling Party Transformation Pattern that masks 800X with 1234.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply adjust at the RP/RL calling party number as required, if you don't want this for all phones, you might need to create a new RP to change this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank Jaime,

RP/RL will reflect calling party number for PSTN calls, what about internal calls (within CUCM ext to ext) ?

Unless you change something to change the call routing internally, those are direct calls and you'll see the DN they have configured. Have you tried this?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No, I haven't tried yet. We are on new year holidays, will be working from Monday 2 Jan 2017. I will try and update.

Thanks

Happy New Year

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please let me know if I understand this correctly.

you want agent's extension to be displayed as 1234 for internal calls and 17981234 for external calls.

How about doing the following configuration on Agent's Extension(8001)

on Route patterns taking the call out to PSTN you will have to check the box against 

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

if you check that, it will use the 17981234 and display that as the caller id on PSTN and

on internal calls 1234 go as the caller id.

Let me know if that works for you.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Yes Adarsh, exactly the same I was looking for.

We are on New Year Holidays, will work from 2 Jan 2017. I will try your suggestion and will update here.

Thank

Happy New Year

Hi Adarsh,

I tried the above suggested solution, PSTN is working fine (number appearing is 17981234) but for internal call, the callerID is appearing as 1234 on top and 8001 at the bottom.

Check the screen shot please. Any suggestion if we can show only 1234 for internal ?

Hi,

I tired a couple of things but couldn't take it away. I am not sure if we can take that away.

Would that not work for you?

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

For internal calls, you could utilize the "Caller ID for Calls from This Phone" field on the device page. You'd have to configure a Calling Party Transformation Pattern that masks 800X with 1234.

Hello,

I got this working via Translation Pattern. 

Now I want to block incoming calls to agents ext 800X. Call to 1234 (Main number) should work which is working but calls to agent ext 800X is also working which should be blocked.

I tried with calling search space and partition but its blocking call to 1234 as well.

How can I restrict calling to 800X only NOT 1234 ?

Regards

You could create a new partition and not add it to any CSS. Then change the partition of 800X directory numbers to the new partition while leaving the Hunt Pilot 1234 partition as is. 

The hunt pilot will still be dialable but nothing will be able to dial the 800X numbers directly.

ilana_ilana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Calling Party Transformation Pattern made it work as required.

Thank you all for time and response.

Regard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: