cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID from Definity through 3745 out to PSTN

tboynton
Level 1
Level 1

Running have a CCM 3.3(4) cluster. I have a 3745 mgcp gateway with two PRI's. One to a Definity switch and one to PSTN (Verizon). I'm trying to get caller id to pass from the Definity switch out to the PSTN. I know the clid info is being sent out from the Avaya switch, because I can see it when the call comes in on the IP phone. If a Definity user places a call out over the PRI to Verizon, the name is unknown and the number is a generic number for the PRI. How can I get the clid info from the Definity switch go to out to the PSTN properly?

5 Replies 5

mjcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

A carrier will not usually allow you to pass an ANI unless the number is a DID on that trunk. In other words, if you have a PRI that delivers 5000 – 5099 to the call manager, most carriers will only allow an ANI of 5000 – 5099 to be delivered.

Does the ANI that you are trying to pass to the PSTN from the Definity uses a number that is defined on the PSTN PRI?

All numbers being passed are DID's on the trunk.

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I don't know if maintaining caller id info between 2 POTS peers (hairpinning) is supported. Might want to check with Cisco. I haven't been able to find anything in the docs briefly looking at them.

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

I never have gotten it work that way either..I gave up and just dropped the PRI in my avaya switch and it just worked perfectly (in 5 minutes) from cisco phones and of corse from the avaya phones (which i have alot more of)..sometimes it's just easier to keep it simple and go with what works :)

Sounds like to me the ISDN call plan is setup incorrectly..