cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID on CallManager3.3 with FXO port on Gateway

sticano
Level 1
Level 1

My gateway (2621XM) supports the caller-id command for the FXO port. I run a debug and see the calling parties number coming through, but Callmanager does not seem to push it through to the ip phones. Does Callmanager 3.3(3) support caller-id for FXO ports?

20 Replies 20

Why don't you post your config, that way I can get a good idea of whats going on.

/andy

Why don't you post your config, that way I can get a good idea of whats going on.

/andy

Could you send me an idea of the config? I am able to make outgoing calls, but incoming are failing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

sticano@iplogic.com

Any reason why MGCP not work? Is it because the way MGCP work? Any theory behind that? Thanks

Cisco claims there is no demand for Caller ID on FXO in a CCM/MGCP.

Of course, this is hogwash, but this is how the story goes.

This was the official response I received when researching the same issue...this was over a month ago..

As I mentioned on the phone with you, unfortunately this is a technical limitation at this point that Caller ID is not supported with MGCP and FXO. Here's the link that should address this. Please search the page for 'caller id'.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/2600/prodlit/imgcp_ds.htm

There has been an internal feature request open on this, but for now, your options would be to use H.323 on the GW. I hope this helps to explain things a bit. Let me know if there's anything else on this I can clear up for now.