cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callforwarding /Redirection on H323 gateway ??

r.samuelpeter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to forward or redirect a call from a H323 gateway to another H323 gateway ??. I may sound stupid,But what I really wanted was to place a call from a PBX and send it to H323 gateway through T1 trunk . It matches one of the dial-peer . Then I want to forward that call to different H323 gateway .

Rob

5 Replies 5

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, it is possible. If I get you correctly, your scheme is like this:

phone user --> PBX <--T1-->H323 gateway<---IP--->H323 gateway.

This is 100% possible and nothing complex to configure. However bear in mind that if your H323 gateway has both his legs/sides in the IP, then it needs to be configured as an IP-IP gateway (a special Cisco IOS image is needed and it runs on several platforms).

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I was trying the following configs. When I dial 130 from my PBX phone it should get translated to 3293175 and hit the remote H323 gateway 10.151.1.242.

But I get a busy tone,

translation-rule 15

Rule 0 130 3297145

dial-peer voice 507 voip

destination-pattern 130

translate-outgoing called 15

session target ipv4:10.151.1.242

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Rob

Hi,

Please post snapshot of dial-peers from other H323 router.

Also

debug voip ccapi inout (from both the routers)

debug translation detail ( from origination router )

CJ

Hi CJ,

Pl find the attached trace files. Pl let me know if you need any thing,

Rob

Hi Rob,

According to the debug the called number is "47145". However in your last post you said you are dialing 130 and than translating it into 3297145.

The call is disconnecting with the cause " No route to destination" which means you have not configured dial-peer for that call.

So please send the sh run from both the routers and the debugs from both the routers. Also verify what digits are coming in from the PBX.

Thanks

CJ