Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not use transcodering resources

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have an NM-HDV2 module. I have configured it correctly for transcoding and conferencing. I see the resources registered with the call manager as well. these resouces are in a media resource group which is in a media resource group list. Assinged to a device pool. Here is my problem

I have 2 phones , in 2 different device pools( different regions) can only talk using G.729.

When i call from the PSTN to 1 phone, put it on hold and try to conference the 2 phone, i can not do that and the call drops ;-(

I have made transcoding resources from the DSPs available for both the prones using the same group in both the device pools with different priorities.

Also, the call coming from the PSTN to phone 1 is g.729 (default codec used by voip dial-peer). so basically i am not even transcoding as a G729 call is conneting to a conference bridge which has g.729 call established.

Any ideas of why the call drops when i try to conference internally a call from the outside.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are you using for you conference device?

Is it the media streaming app/an IOS gateway/6608/AGM?

Transcoding can be confusing when conferencing is involved as each leg of a call (i.e. between pstn+conf dev/between phone a + conf dev/phone b and conf dev) is individually checked for the required codecs, then transcoders are invoked - then the legs between transcoders, conferencers and the phones and gateway are checked against regions...

So you need to make sure the transcoder is available to the DP that the conferencing device is in as well...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also make sure the gateway has access to the transcoder too. It might be that you are actually creating the conference in the CM software conference bridge because it sees that resource first, and that only does G711, so then if you try to conference the gateway in, and it doesn't have access to the transcoding, the call will be dropped.

Mary Beth