cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't delete phone out of call manager

stevew
Level 1
Level 1

I've deleted a phone and it still registers. It does not show up in Call Manager 3.3(3). But I can make calls and recieve calls. I've deleted the config file and it still comes back. I've done this with two phones and the same thing happens. I think there is a bigger issue than just delete phones.

7 Replies 7

JOSE TORRES
Level 1
Level 1

Is auto registration on or off?

Are you deleting it from the publisher?

If you are deleting it and cannot find it in the administration pages and it's not in the database you have a few more options.

*********WARNING**********WARNING*********

Restarting these services can can cause interruption in your system.

*********WARNING**********WARNING*********

Restart the Database Layer Monitor service in callmanager, this is the service that provides the interaction between the ccm application and sql. Sometimes communication between the two may fail.

If that does not work you can restart the callmanager service.

Auto registration is off. I've restarted both services. Still not resolved. I can't even reset phone. I believe that I am not able to change any phones but I will check. I tried to change a directory number on the phone and reset the phone but the phone did not change or reset.

I've seen this type of thing before, a few times. Subscriber CallManager servers can lose communication to the publisher. Reset commands don't seem to be propogated and carried out, and configuration changes don't take effect on the phone. It can arise from a transient problem, like a network issue that might already have gone away, but CallManager didn't recover.

Phones registered to the publisher will probably work as you'd expect. Presuming your publisher is running the Cisco CallManager service for phones to register to, you can verify this is the case. Shut down the CallManager service on the subscriber, and leave it off. Once the phones fail over to the publisher, see if reset commands and DN changes take effect.

I've found no sure-fire cure for this other than reboots. Cisco recommends whenever there's a disruption in intracluster communications, you should reboot every server in the cluster, one at a time, starting with the publisher. This is what I've done the couple of times it's happened for our customers. I haven't yet been in a position where it's happening and I can hold the system in that state long enough for TAC to investigate.

Try using dblhelper.exe to verify database replication.

All the phones are registered to the Publisher. so Database replication does not come into play. I can update a phone in the publisher and it updates in the subscribers but it does not update the phone.

See other note. All phones are registered with Publisher.

Registerd phone with subscriber.

I've reregistered the phone with a subscriber and changed the DN. Manual reset. The DN did not change and the phone is now registered with the subscriber. I still cannot reset the phone via Call Manager or make changes to the phone. This happens on every phone. When I look in CM is show DN 1998 and when I look at phone it shows 1994.