cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Cluster across WAN-How much BW is enough?

gbrome
Level 4
Level 4

My company is thinking about installing 4 Call Managers in one cluster, two CCMs on the U.S. East Coast, two CCms on the West Coast. I am aware of the 40 ms max RTT time requirement. How much BW do I need for a company of approximately 3000 users, split between coasts. We were thinking about separate clusters, but having one gives us a common directory without having to us AD and provides more redundancy between coasts. Does anyone have any real-life implementation experience with this, or a good estimate? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

If you look at the design guide it will give you a good idea .

Below is the link.

cisco.com/go/srnd and look for the design guide.

Thanks,

Radhika

I see what you mean. The theoretical maximum is 1860 miles. The distance between my locations is more than that.. Mapquest says 2900 miles.

Thanks!

George

It's not about distance, its about round trips. If you can ping from one to another locations, less than 150ms (guessing, I forgot exact time), it will be fine.

under 100ms delay 1 way good 200ms dont go higher.

A call with Cisco engineers since posting my original message says prety much the same thing. Right now we are looking at a rtt of 96 ms, so I think we are going to give it a try. Thanks for the reponses!