Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TSP - Interdigit Timeout - Outlook

Hi,

i want to dial out of Outlook and various other applications. This works in general but i encounter

a problem with the interdigit timeout (default 15 sec).

When i dial a contact, which is identified as an external user by a leading '0', the telephone enables the speaker, and waits 15 seconds before dialing.

Adding a '#' at the end of of the telephone numer circumvents the interdigit timeout and everything is "ok".

Unfortunatly it is not possible to enter this '#' in some applications, and in Outlook it messes up the syncronisation with some cell phones. So i cannot go this way.

In the Windows Telephone and Modem options Dialog, i can only set a prefex, to disable dial waiting.

My Question is, is there any way to set a global suffix (#) to all called numbers?

Or is there any other way to solve this problem?

Best regards

Christoph

2 Replies 2

asarkany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any reason why you don´t decrease the timer in the callmanager service parameters?

Looks like a T302 timer.

regards

August

Hi August,

yes, i could lower it to 3 seconds in the callmanager, which would be ok for dialing from software applications. On the other hand, this would eventually cause trouble to the users, who pick up their phone and dial manually.

The best way imho would be a suffix (#), that would be automaticly added to a called number from a pc application, but i think there is no such thing.

Regards

Christoph