cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conference bridge

drogell
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup conference bridging, the conference feature when I hit the conference button it says no bridge available.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I am having the same problem with a recent implementation that I did with Callmanager 4.01SR2. To fix this problem I created a Software Conference Bridge (CFB_Pub and CFB_Sub), grouped them in a Media resource group and list, assigned this to the device pool of the phones and also physically under the phones. This solved the problem on 3 of the phones that I tested. The rest of the phones were updated with the same Media resource group list. But it does not seem to make a difference on any of the remaining phones. Conferencing works great on those 3 phones, while on remaining phones it doesnt. This whole thing does not make sense...I think i am gonna call it a day and start working on this fresh tomorrow...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

IP media streaming service has to be enabled on each subscriber on which a user's phone is registered to.

This might be your 'gotcha' in this case.

We use 6608 ports as conference resources. They have a limitation of 6 participants per call, but at least it's off box processing.

I have already verified that IP Media Streaming service is up and running. on both Pub and Sub. I have stopped and restarted the service, to no avail..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

if you are getting no conference bridge available message, it implies that the phones do not have access to the conference bridge.

Check your device pool config and verify if it has access to an MRGL/MRG which contains the conference bridge.

Also, are you running a software conference bridge or a hardware conference bridge ?

Regards,

Rajesh Dhawan