cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Connection

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am running into an issue with a new install of Conference Connection.(1.2.2) with call manager 4.1(3). What is happening is, if I try and dial the confernce Pilot I get the prompt to "To Join a conference enter the Conference ID then press #" and then put in my conference number it then prompts for my password (if required) Which I then put in. I then get the prompt "I am sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and are unable to answer your call, please try again later" then it hangs up on me.

I have setup the confernce to require system passwords, and then changed it to not, that does not Make a difference. I have installed SQL System Manager to confirm that the sa password is correct.

However the conference works fine if I do it through the Services Button on an IP phone. I just can't call the CTI Route Point Pilot number and have it work.

Anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks

Ken

8 Replies 8

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Route Pattern: When a caller asks to be connected to a conference call, Conference Director appends the conference ID to the route pattern and forwards the call. The route pattern must be defined in Cisco CallManager so that these calls are forwarded to the H.323 gateway configured on the Cisco Conference Connection server.

CTI Route Point: route point in Cisco CallManager for use as the conference call number used to access Cisco Conference Connection. This is the telephone number that callers will call to attend conferences. The Conference Director application answers calls to this CTI route point.

CTI Ports: CTI ports are used with the Cisco Conference Connection CTI route point. The number of ports you create determines the number of simultaneous callers that can use the Conference Director IVR application to request the desired conference call. If all ports are in use when a caller calls, the caller hears a busy signal. The CTI port is only used while a caller is using the Conference Director application. These ports are not used while a caller is on the conference call. Therefore, you do not need to create the same number of CTI ports as the number of Cisco Conference Connection ports. Instead, it is recommended that you create the following number of CTI ports based on Cisco Conference Connection ports:

* Up to 60 Cisco Conference Connection portsCreate 10 CTI ports.

* More than 60 Cisco Conference Connection portsCreate 15 CTI ports.

Thanks for the reply, If I setup a conference then use my service button to join the conference, I see that it appends the route pattern that I created and then adds the conference ID and I can join the conference. However If I call the CTI route point and the confernce connector answer and then I dial the conference number, it then asks for a password if one is configured, and as soon as I type it in I get the error message saying the system is experience problems.

Thanks for the reply, If I setup a conference then use my service button to join the conference, I see that it appends the route pattern that I created and then adds the conference ID and I can join the conference. However If I call the CTI route point and the confernce connector answer and then I dial the conference number, it then asks for a password if one is configured, and as soon as I type it in I get the error message saying the system is experience problems.

The error message you are getting likely means that you haven't successfully completed the CRS configuration portion of your install. To do this, you must goto the URL http://your_ccc_server/appadmin, login as local administrator and then follow the setup instructions in the administrator guide you received with your ccc software. Hope that helps!

Does CCC version 1.2(2) with both service packs installed work with Call Manager 4.1(3)? according to the Cisco CallManager Compatibility Matrix It works with 4.1(2) but there is an NA under 4.1(3). Just wondering if anyone has this working. Thanks

Yes, we just got it working with CCM 4.1(3) and we had to install the two patches to get the CRS component working with the JTAPI subsystem in-service. We also installed the JTAPI plug-in from Callmanager on the CCC server. This updates the JTAPI version to 2.1(3.3).

We had a lot of problems getting CCC initially installed with the CRS working. I am not sure why Cisco doesn't include IPCC 3.5 with CCC. CRS 2.2.5 is pretty old. Meeting Place Express will be replacing CCC at the end of the year and will be a free upgrade with SAU contract.

If after installing the patches and upgrading the JTAPI client and it still doesn't work, then let me know and I get more details from my partner at work. We both installed different parts of CCC. I worked on the CRS problems and he finished the install. Your problem with the dial-up access is caused by the CRS application. Check the engine status. If you do not have all 3 subsystems in-service, then it will not work.

Note: The route pattern that the IP Phone service uses to join a conference opens a pretty big security hole for the conference. If you know your conference ID number and you happen to know the route pattern pre-dot prefix, then you can dial the number directly and join the conference without authenticating. Cisco's example route pattern is 11111.!#. So, if your conference ID is 63841, then all you need to dial is 1111163841 and you automatically join the conference, regardless if it is PIN protected.

Any notes you have would be appreciated. I can't get the JTAPI subsystem up. The CTI ports are registering, but not the CTI Route point. I'm not getting good info from logs.

Installing Extended services

Installing CCC

Installing 2.2.5spB patch

Installing CCCsr1

Installing CCCsr2

Installing JTAPI from CCM 4.1(3)SR1 (the JTAPI on it is 2.1(3.9).

Thanks in advance.

FYI, I too was able to get Conference Connection working with CCM 4.1(3)sr1. I installed the new JTAPI driver and I also installed the sr2 patch on the CC server. I literally had no problems.