cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Console Attendant only gets one call at a time

jeff.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

I have CallManager 4.0(2a) and have configured a single Attendant Console user. The hunt group has line 1 for that user as the first member and then the extension for the Auto Attendant as the second (and last) "always route" member. The phone the attendant uses has max calls set for 16. I have tried adding additional lines for the user to the hunt group as well as changing from a user/line combination to an extension/partition configuration.

Nothing I have tried has allowed for multiple calls being directed to the attendant user. I know if I add multiple separate extensions to each line appearance on the AC user's phone, I can do it that way. Is there not a way to setup AC so that all calls are routed to the single line on the user's phone until a busy is received?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Jeff..I m not clear abt the description of the problem...If you want all calls coming to a particular number say 6000(your company's main line) - why dont you setup something like this.

AC user phone - Line 1 - 1200

AC user phone - Line 2 - 1201

AC user phone - Line 3 - 1202

AC user phone - Line 4 - Her personal extn

1200,1201 and 1202 are non DID dummy numbers. They are also part of hunt group.

Pilot point is 6000. Hunt group members are 1200,1201 and 1202. All calls coming into 6000 will definitely be routed to 1200. If 1200 is busy it will roll over to 1201 and so on. You can also add a VM pilot at the end of the group to forward calls to voice mail.

Calls coming into a pilot is routed to the first member of the group (as long as the algorithm used is "First Available Hunt Group Member") until that line is busy.

Hope that helps!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I am aware of that approach to solving my problem.

What I was trying to figure out is can I use the functionality of CallManager 4.0 where each line can have up to X number of calls (based on the Max Calls setting under the line properties) to only have the one line configured for the user in the hunt group. The AC Pilot will continue to send calls to that line until either the busy calls quantity is reached or there is no answer.

Is this possible or do I have to use the individual lines method described in the last response?

Now I see what you are getting at. I think the operation of the Pilot point/Hunt group is independent of the busy trigger you set on the line of the ac user phone. For the same reason,if 3 calls come in at the same time, as long as the first call is sent to the first member of the hunt group, that member is considered as busy. So it will not route the second and third call...to the first member. It will route to the second member.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I have accomplished this by bypassing the Pilot for the Attendant and sending it straight to the DN of the phone associated with the Attendant. This works, but you don't have the login/logout option since you are bypassing the pilot.

I haven't tried this, but I wonder what would happen if you selected the 'always route' on the attendant user/line? If this works as it sounds like it might, perhaps you'd gain the login/logout functionality.. Just curious.

Vance