cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Directory handler and cucm

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

I want to provide the callers the option of dialing by name. So i installed  the cuc to integrate it with the cucm. I have configured a trunk  between CUC and CUCM. I configured a cti route point and set up the dn as 7600.

In the cuc, i have configured a new  directory handler  and set up extension as 7600

I dialed the 7600 but unsuccessful

are there other settings i need to do in cuc for the directory handler to work?

30 Replies 30

Hello Maren,

My cuc server hard disk crashed. I had to reinstall it. The issue i am having now is cuc can only 5 cucm users instead of 62 users in cucm. The old one was able to find all without any issues. I have checked the users and they have primary extension numbers.I dont why the newly installed cuc is not finding all users.can put me on the right track?

Did you do a restore after reinstallation or a clean install and rebuild everything from scratch?

Maren

I did fresh installation of the cuc. The cucm configuration still exist. I
didn't rebuild the cucm configuration for cuc
It's really strange.

The reason I asked about the restore of CUC versus a fresh rebuild is that "Import Users" will only 'find' users that are not yet imported via that method. So if you had done a restore and the previously-imported AXL Users are already created in CUC then the "Import Users" would not show them again.

If you have not done a restore of the CUC database, and CUC is finding 'some' users but not all, this means the AXL integration is probably fine. When you "Test" the AXL integration on the configuration page, is the test successful?

Maren

Yes, the test is successful. I hope the port is 8443.

Okay, then. If AXL is working, and the CUCM prerequisites have been met (which they were before the CUC crash), and the users don't already exist in CUC, then it is time to pull the AXL logs from CUC and CUCM during a sync and see what they say.

We can try to help parse them here, but if you have contract support and can reach out to TAC I'd do that.

Maren

Ok.
Let me check the logs

I did one experiment. I created a new user and associated a phone with this
user.To my astonishment, cuc was able to find this user
I think the issue might be related to the cucm
May I should restart cucm and try to import again

It is possible CUCM is keeping track of which users have already been synced to CUC. I don't know where that information would be, though. Restarting CUCM can't hurt.

Maren

I have restarted the cucm but still the same
The 5 users that were imported to the new cuc were also imported to the old cuc. that is they existed in the old cuc before it crashed

So if cucm is actually keeping track of synced users with cuc,then those 5 users
wouldn't have  been imported to the cuc before I created the 6th user
Something is really wrong. I will delete an existing user which cuc has not found and re-add this user 

I deleted an existing user and re-added it. CUC was still able to find this user.

Like you suggested,cucm might be keeping track of some users synced with the old cuc

The new cuc still have the same IP, DNS name of the old cuc. The option I have now is to delete all users (65) and re add them. I will  use Python script to  do it 

You can also Export all of the End Users (from Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Export). Then delete them. Then use the same Export file to re-import them. That might be easier than running a script, and I believe that the user PKID/OID is not included in the Export file so they would be issued new ones on Import.

Maren

Yes, it is another option. I have exported it before and saved it as a csv
file on my laptop in case of necessity. I will re-export and re-import .I
will update on the progress

It has worked! It wasn't an easy task. I had to use Python to set the
Primary extension of all users to None so I could delete them
After deleting all users and re-adding them to cucm using BAT, CUC was able
able to find all cucm users
Once again, thank you for your technical contribution. It really helped me

I'm glad you were able to find a solution! And thank you for posting your final 'find' for folks that read this thread later.

Maren