cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Directory handler and cucm

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

I want to provide the callers the option of dialing by name. So i installed  the cuc to integrate it with the cucm. I have configured a trunk  between CUC and CUCM. I configured a cti route point and set up the dn as 7600.

In the cuc, i have configured a new  directory handler  and set up extension as 7600

I dialed the 7600 but unsuccessful

are there other settings i need to do in cuc for the directory handler to work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That will be a matter of the CSSes configured on the SIP Trunk in CUCM. The integration documentation doesn't do a particularly good job of explaining the three CSSes that are involved in calls that flow back from CUC.

In addition to the regular "Inbound" CSS, you will want to configure a "Rerouting" and a "Out-of-Dialog Refer" CSS on your SIP Trunk. Generally speaking, these CSSes will reach only internal targets (and not PSTN targets) unless you specifically want CUC to allow callers to be transferred to the PSTN.

CUC CSS.jpg

I can't speak to the functionality of the Voice Recognition feature of the Directory Handler. I have had hit-or-miss experience with it over the years.

Maren

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

If you are planning to use only one Directory Handler, you should know that all users are automatically added to the System Directory Handler that is in CUC by default. You do not need to create another one, unless you have plans to use more than one.

Note that by default, Keypress 4 on the Opening Greeting will transfer callers to the System Directory Handler.

If you want a specific extension to cause callers to get to a directory handler, whether that is the default System Directory Handler, or a custom directory handler, you will need a Route Pattern in CUCM that sends calls to a specific number like 7600 directly to CUC, and you will need a Direct Call Routing Rule in CUC that has:

• Condition: Dialed Number equals 7600
  • Send Call To: Directory Handler (and then pick the one you want in the list)

Direct CRR to SDH.jpg

Maren

Thanks for the swift response. I have able to dial into cuc and when asked
" who do you like to reach" I pronounced my surname but the system could
not find it
There is no cucm user in cuc. How will I import cucm users to cuc?

I  have finally imported the users.

Do you have the Directory Handler "Voice Enable" checkbox checked? Do you have SpeechConnect ports licensed? Without these, the voice recognition part won't work. Note that a Directory Handler that is voice enabled will only take voice input and not keypresses. It's either-or. (At least the last time I checked.)

And, yes, you will need to create voicemail boxes for users. They can be manually configured, imported via LDAP, or imported from CUCM using AXL integration. How to do each of these is in the Admin Guide. Let us know if you have specific questions.

Maren

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

yes, i have the Directory handler "Voice Enable" checkbox checked. The speechconnect ports are on evaluation mode.I installed the cuc in my lab yesterday.

i cant remember if i checked "users with  mail boxes ". If i pronounce my firstname "Collins"  the system will respond: "extension 0,please confirm"

i will search for the Admin Guide

If it is responding to a firstname rather than a lastname, that is a setting on the directory handler itself that can be changed.

Maren

It responds now with he last name ,followed by the first name. The
challenge now is that the cuc ie not able to transfer the call to the
user.
The system says the User is not available when the user is available

Also I have noticed if I don't pronounce both the firstname and last
name,it won't recognize it.

That will be a matter of the CSSes configured on the SIP Trunk in CUCM. The integration documentation doesn't do a particularly good job of explaining the three CSSes that are involved in calls that flow back from CUC.

In addition to the regular "Inbound" CSS, you will want to configure a "Rerouting" and a "Out-of-Dialog Refer" CSS on your SIP Trunk. Generally speaking, these CSSes will reach only internal targets (and not PSTN targets) unless you specifically want CUC to allow callers to be transferred to the PSTN.

CUC CSS.jpg

I can't speak to the functionality of the Voice Recognition feature of the Directory Handler. I have had hit-or-miss experience with it over the years.

Maren

It worked. The Directory handler has successfully transferred the call to
the user
However in case ,two names are matches,the system asks if one of the names
is correct,if press 1, the call will be transferred to user. The confusion
is that the system is not asking the caller to press 1 .

I don't know that I've run into that issue. However, generally speaking a voice-enabled directory handler will not take DTMF input. I would suspect the system wants you to "say" 1 or 2 to select a name.

Maren

Yes
The system wants me press 1 or 2 to select a name.

Hah. That it gives you the two options is good. The other comment you wrote implied it only said "Press 1".

I take it that it neither takes the DTMF 1 or 2, nor does it accept a spoken "one" or "two"? As in, nothing works?

Maren

ok. I understand.

I am testing it. when the system finds out two matching names and asks if the first matching name is correct. if i press 1 or answer yes, the call will be transferred which is good.

i decided to enable voice mail.I made use of the cisco voice mail wizard to set it up on cucm. I created hunt list and hunt pilot.

On the cuc, is set up both sccp and sip as the port group. Now , my sip trunk from cucm to cuc is showing no service. I cant dial the voicemail pilot no or the directory handler .the voicemail pilot no is 7700 while the directory handler no is 7600

Question: If a SIP integration for CUC was already working fine, what prompted you to also create a SCCP integration? Almost all organizations have only one of the two, with SIP being preferable. 

Have you tried resetting your CUC SIP Trunk to bring it back into service?

Maren

Thanks Maren
Actually, what prompted me to both was that I thought the sip integration
would be only for the directory handler and the sccp would be for
voicemail, Message waiting indicator. When one selects sccp,I will get
options of MWI on and MWI off setting
Both are working now. I removed the sccp leaving only sip. I restarted cuc
and the sip trunk is showing full service now
I appreciate your kind contribution