Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP Resource for VIC3-4FXS/DID on NM-HDV2

boonchin.ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If only PVDM3 is installed on the C3945 motherboard (Slot 0), and I have VIC3-4FXS/DID inserted in the NM-HDV2 and but without PVDM2 installed in the NM-HDV2, can I still enable the FXS port?

Do I need to have this command to enable dsp sharing with the NM-HDV2?

voice-card 1
dsp tdm pooling

Also, should the FXS ports appear in the "show voice port summary"?

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try this:

voice-card 1

dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for replying. By any chance do you know if the fxs ports should appear in the "show voice port summary" output?

Hi,

From point A,which says as below that if u do not have PVDM installed on NM-HDV module , u can use the PVDM3 DSP installed on motherboard of router chassis.

However, an NM-HDV2 that has no PVDMs installed at all can share PVDM3 DSP

resources from the router motherboard PVDM slots across the chassis backplane

can u share the show inventory and show diag ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I only have "show inv" with me.

NAME: "CISCO3945-CHASSIS", DESCR: "CISCO3945-CHASSIS"
PID: CISCO3945-CHASSIS , VID: V02, SN:

NAME: "Cisco Services Performance Engine 150 for Cisco 3900 ISR on Slot 0", DESCR: "Cisco Services Performance Engine 150 for Cisco 3900 ISR"
PID: C3900-SPE150/K9 , VID: V06 , SN:

NAME: "VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 , VID: V01 , SN:

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 256 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 256 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-256 , VID: V01 , SN:

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 256 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 5", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 256 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-256 , VID: V01 , SN:

NAME: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot on Slot 1", DESCR: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot"
PID: SM-NM-ADPTR , VID: V01, SN:

NAME: "High Density Voice2 Network module with on board two port interface on Slot 1", DESCR: "High Density Voice2 Network module with on board two port interface "
PID: NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 , VID: V05 , SN:

NAME: "3rd generation four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 1 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "3rd generation four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard"
PID: VIC3-4FXS/DID , VID: V03 , SN:

NAME: "C3900 AC Power Supply 1", DESCR: "C3900 AC Power Supply 1"
PID: PWR-3900-AC , VID: V04 , SN:

NAME: "C3900 AC Power Supply 2", DESCR: "C3900 AC Power Supply 2"
PID: PWR-3900-AC , VID: V04 , SN:

Hi,

Output shows u have got PVDM3-256 installed in router.

so, u can use this PVDM for VIC3-4FXS/DID .

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

So to use PVDM3 DSP resources on the motherboard (slot 0), I would then need to have "dspfarm" command under voice-card 0 to enable DSP sharing:

voice-card 0
 dspfarm

Thanks.

Hi,

in output, it shows PVDM is in slot 0

you can refer the link for DSP sharing

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11208006/dsp-sharing

regds,

aman

Hi Boonchin

Yes, if the port has DSPs allocated it should appear.

You can monitor the startup messages on the router to verify if it is getting DSP assigned or has another problem (such as wrong IOS that doesn't support the interface).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

just refer this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/interfaces-modules/2800-3800-high-density-packet-voice-digital-signal-processor/index.html

Are the PVDM3 modules supported in a NM-HDV2?

A. No. You cannot install PVDM3 modules directly on the PVDM slots of an NM-HDV2, only the PVDM2s are

supported by the NM-HDV2. However, an NM-HDV2 that has no PVDMs installed at all can share PVDM3 DSP

resources from the router motherboard PVDM slots across the chassis backplane.

Q. Do the PVDM2 modules work with the Cisco 2900 and 3900 Series platforms?

A. Yes. You can install PVDM2 modules on the motherboard PVDM slots using special adaptor cards (PVDM2-

ADPTR). You can also insert an NM-HDV2 module with PVDM2 modules into the service-module slot of the

Cisco 2900 and 3900 Series platforms using the network-to-server module adaptor card (SM-NM-ADPTR).

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your kind reply, unfortunately the reply does not answer my question :)

1. I am not trying to install PVDM3 on the NM-HDV2

2. I am not installing PVDM2 on the C3945 router either

I would like to confirm if the VIC3-FXS/DID in NM-HDV2 is able to "leverage" the PVDM3 DSP resource on the motherboard (dsp sharing)

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: