cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External CDR Connection String. Need Assistance.

lupemacias
Level 1
Level 1

I need assistance in creating an External CDR Connection String. I've setup a server off the CCM cluster that i would like the CDRs to be stored on. I've searched but can't seem to find an example of the CDR connection string and can't find instructions on building one. Can someone post an example that i can then modify to work on my system?

I've got CCM 3.34. The server that i want the CDRs is a 2003 server with SQL 2k.

The reason for this is to keep a log of all 911 calls placed and also with a little programming i want our security personnel notified via email as soon as a 911 call is placed. i was also told that if we decide to log calls, we would have to keep those logs for at least 5 years. 5 years of logs is not something i would like to keep on the PUB.

All help appreciated.

thanks.

9 Replies 9

kevinmccarron
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this configured? I just searched the forum on this subject and only got 1 hit. Please fill me in if you were able to get this working.

Kevin

I was hopeing that someone on this forum would have the answer but I haven't received any replies but yours. I'm still interested in setting this up but haven't tried since I posted the message. I'm thinking about calling TAC to see if they can help me with it. If and when I get it to work, I'll post an example string.

I replied to this in another section:

==================================================

See the "Reading Records" section below. THe format will be the same, but you will use the destination server rather thatn the CCM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a00802375db.html

Mike

OK, let's assume that I want to use SQL authentication. The example string in the doc was:

DRIVER={SQL

Server};SERVER=machineX;DATABASE=CDR;UID=CiscoCCMCDR;PWD=password

Do I not use the DSN I created on the call manager server? The help on the CCM admin page indicates this is required. I assume the "machineX" is replaced with the name of the off cluster SQL server?

Kevin

thanks. i'll put this in.

CallManagers before version 4 have both SQL and Windows authentication enabled. CallManager version 4.0 and newer have disabled SQL authentication as it is viewed as less secure than windows authentication for SQL Server. There are pre-configured login accounts in SQL Server to facilitate access, such as CiscoCCMCDR (for the CDR database) and CiscoCCMReader) for the (CCM config database CCM03xx).

CallManager will store a predetermined number of records in the CallDetailRecord (CDR) table of the CDR database. The default is generally 1.5 million records.

In addition, while I assume that you have the "Cdr enabled" setting on each CallManager in the cluster configured to "true", you also may want to have the log zero duration calls set to "true" as well.

Here are some sample SQL Server connection strings:

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/OLEDB_Providers.htm#OLEDBProviderForSQLServer

You need to collect from the Publisher SQL Server, and not any of the subscribers in the cluster, since all CDR records are pushed to the publisher.

Have you considered a call accounting solution from an AVVID partner?

Not sure if any of this is of assistance!

I have considered looking into some type of call accounting app but I've decided that we don't really need it at this point. My primary purpose for this is to keep data on all 911 calls. Once I get the publisher to record CDR data on another server, I will create the programming that will notify all of our security personnel of that calls details such as time, originating extension, and location of the phone. Other than that, we currently have no need to keep call data. If we purchased a call accounting solution, it would probably have a lot of features we'll never use.

btw, thanks for the info and the link.

Did you get this to work? I currently just run a select * script to view 911 calls and 9911 calls. However I have been getting complaints from the 911 operator saying they get alot of calls, but I dont see them in SQL. But everytime I have tested it I see the 911 calls.

Let me know if you were able to get this to work.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

You might want to look at CallAlert. It is designed to do exactly what you want. I will log all the calls to defined numbers and initiate actions that you define when the match occurs. It is not very costly and supports CallManager 3.1 - 4.1

More information is located on our web.

http://www.syn-apps.net/CallAlert.aspx

Regards,

Ian Pitts