cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO & Analog Trunks

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if with an analog trunk, 2600, FXO's, CallManager 3.0(6), is it possible to deliver calling line ID (CLID) to a 7960 (Name/Number)?

If not is there a way to provide this service via FXO as T1 PRI is a bit expensive for a trial.

Thanks,

Paul.

4 Replies 4

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

I asked the same question some time ago and was told that there is a new FXO card coming out that will support caller ID. Do not know if it is available yet or not.

I do not have any additional details either. I will let you know if I hear anything else.

The card has been available for a while. It is the VIC-2FXO-M1 card. You need to be running at least 12.1(2a)XH to support the card. On the voice-port you need to configure 'caller-id enable' and the analog lines you connect to the card must have the Caller ID service turned on from the telephone company.

Additionally, the Display IE delivery must be turned on in CallManager. This is either in the CallManager service parameters or in the gateway configuration, depending on which version of CallManager 3.0 is being used.

Dave

Can I also take the same analog connection(S) and pass Caller ID services to a Lucent PBX system and back that supports DID.

With typical analog station/office (FXS/FXO) lines, the FXS always provides the Caller ID information through FSK signaling.

If you want the Cisco router to provide the Caller ID information received from the CallManager and send it to the PBX, that should work. And if you want a call coming from the PBX to an IP phone through the router's FXS port to display the station name, that can be accomplished by using the station IOS configuration commands.

See the following: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121limit/121x/121xh/121xh_2/dt_clid.htm