Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO-FXS back to back

I have 2 * 2600 routers with 2FXO/2FXS cards. I have connected the FXO port on first router with FXS port on the 2nd router back to back. On each of the router, I have a Analog Phone connected. My requirement is I need to dial from phone on 1st router to phone on 2nd router and vice versa.

Appreciate your help and will rate the replies which helps me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bill

I believe you are using a cross cable between the FXO FXS interfaces at this moment. Use a straight cable between FXO and FXS interface and it will work fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I got it working. Thanks a lot.

Hi.

I am tryng to do the same thing for some testing in our lab. I am actually having the FXS call into the FXO.

But what happens is, the FXO picks up for about a second, rings through to Call Manager then disconnects. If I connect a PSTN line to the FXO it works fine. If I connect a phone to the FXS the phone rings fine. But the two routers togther do not work.

Was this anyhting like your issue?

If so, I'd be curious to know how you got it to work.

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill

I believe you are using a cross cable between the FXO FXS interfaces at this moment. Use a straight cable between FXO and FXS interface and it will work fine.

Well that did it. Thank you very much.

I really didn't think it mattered. I thought tip and ring were interchangable.

Thanks again.

Bill

Hi Bill

Glad to know that it helped. Please do rate the replies if it has solved your query.

Regards

Prasad

Can I have configuration example the FXS-FXO direct connection. I have problem when dial from FXS to FXO as the posting.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddef12d

Thanks in advance,