Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS-Fax- No ring back

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 3745 router on which E1 PRI(PSTN) is terminated.I have another router with FXS port to which fax machine.is connected.I have assigned one of the DID number to the FXS port to which fax is connected.I am able to send fax but when I call the fax number from outside,I am not able to hear ring back.I tried connecting a analog phone to the FXS port, still I cannot hear the ringback though the phone is actually ringing.What should I configure to enable ring back.

Rest of the DID numbers are routed to CCM3.3(4)

Regds

KMS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sriram.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi KMS,

Try these commands.

1. voice call send-alert on global config.

2. progress-ind alert enable 8 on FXS port.

The first command should help you as the terminating gateway sends an Alert message after it receives a Setup message from the originating gateway.

Thanks

GS

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

What type of gateway is 3745 ?

Thanks,

Radhika

Thanks for replying.

I have configured 3745 router as H323 gateway on CCM.

All calls from E1 PRI is routed to CCM 4.0 except Fax no.Fax DID no is routed from 3745 router to directly to Cisco 2600 router on Which Fax m/c is connected.

I tried with progress_ind setup enable 3 command on dial-peer pots of both e1 PRI port & FXS port but the problem still remains.

I tried configuring fxs port(to which Fax is connected) as MGCP gw.It is working fine internally ie I am able to call from an IP phone to an analog phone connected to the FXS port.but when I am calling from external through E1 pri,I am facing one way voice.

Let me know if you have faced this problem.

Regds

KMS

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Try to add

progress_ind setup enable 3

on the dial peer.

I think the last poster meant to specify the VoIP dial-peer being matched to get to the fax machine. That is where it should go, if PSTN callers calling IP destinations don't get ringback.

Mary Beth

sriram.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi KMS,

Try these commands.

1. voice call send-alert on global config.

2. progress-ind alert enable 8 on FXS port.

The first command should help you as the terminating gateway sends an Alert message after it receives a Setup message from the originating gateway.

Thanks

GS

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Tried the suggested command & is working fine.

Regds

KMS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: