cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Trunk from Call Manager to Avaya PBX

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know how and if the CCM will allow the Avaya PBX to interface to the CCM allowing caller ID pass through. I heard the H323 trunk can do this I know Qsig can.

6 Replies 6

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have done it a few times to a Definity, but with MGCP. (Are you refering to a G3 platform PBX?) Caller ID funtions with name, but If I am not mistaken, When an Avay user dials a Cisco phone, the Avaya user does not see the number of the Cisco station dialed. Let me know if you have any specific questions

I am talking about via IP. Using H323 trunking so I do not need a router for a voice gateway. Using a IP enable card on the Definity.

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

yes CLIP and CNIP (Calling Name and Line Presentation) Work.

You need a minimum of an Avaya s8500 or s8700 media server with 2.1 software and CLAN/Medpro modules.

Also, 4.1(2)+ on the ccm side is needed

I am trying to connect my CCM v4.1 to an Avaya Definity G3 using H323. Do I need 2 IP trunks, 1 to the CLAN card and 1 to the MedPro Card? Also, does someone out there have a config for the Avaya Definity side and the CCM side?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

rboyce
Level 1
Level 1

I have this working using MGCP with switch-type PRI 5E8 Custom.

has anyone made this work with cme ?

I have a cme with a pri link to the pbx & customer is looking for caller name info to be passed between the systems

thanks

rob