cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help desk - agent "logout"

bduemler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small help desk of 5 people who need to be able to answer support calls. I have configured a Hunt Pilot with the DN of the support desk, a hunt list and a line group. Everything works as advertised, but I would like to be able to have an agent skipped when they are not at their desk. I cannot figure out a way to make this happen. I am not using any support desk (contact center) application. I just want to make this simple. Anyone have any ideas how an agent can “logout” when they leave their desk so they are taken out of the hunt list and their phone won’t ring?

4 Replies 4

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use the attendant console functionality for your hunt group you can use the AC client which allows you to go off line with a button click. You can also set up queuing (up to 32) with an AC hunt group. I don't know of a way to busy yourself out of a line group.

Don

Don,

Thanks for your response. I configured the attendant console with a hunt group and pilot number just like you suggested following the Call Manager Attendant Console configuration guide. Now how do I call the pilot number? Whenever I dial this number I get fast busy. I am not very familar with Auto Attendant so I cannot think of what I am doing wrong.

Incidentally when you opened the Attendant Console application, does the operator click the on-line button.

Failing to do so will result in the TCD being unable to route calls to the operator lines, and will inevitably go to a night service do DN or CTI port for VM. If neither of these are configured, and your operator is not logged in, then busy tone will result.

In summary, once you have configured your IP Phone with the appropriate number of line appearances, use the following step to setup AC:

Under Service, Cisco CM Attendant Console:

1. Create your Pilot Point Number.

2. Create your Cisco CM Attendant Console Users.

3. Add the AC Users to the HuntGroup.

- Click Add Member, and select the AC User you

created above from the User Member

Information. Select the line number and click

update. Repeat this step for each line

appearance you have setup on the 7960.

4. Create the User and userid acuser within DC, with an appropriate password and pin. Check enable CTI Application use, and Call Park retrieval.

5. Under device association for the user, find the 7960 you setup, and select the line appearances on the phones and update.

6. Open the folder c:\program files\cisco\attendant console\ and run acconfig.bat. Change the password to reflect what you configured in the previous step4.

7. Installation Attendant Console Application on the desktop from the CallManager plugins.

Under the settings on the desktop specify the CallManager IP address, typically the subscriber your IP Phone is registered. Enter the directory number of the Cisco IP Phone that

the attendant uses with the attendant console.

8. When you run the application, enter the username ID and password you created in Step2.

Have a look at the following URL for more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802e2259.html

Trust this helps, please rate this post if you find the information helpful.

Thanks

Allan.

Yes, AC is a CTI application so you need to create the 'controlling user' for the application. A couple additions to the above:

- The user ID to create is ac, not acuser

- The default password for userid ac is 12345. If you don't want to use that (and it's recommended that you do not) then set up the user password how you want in CCM global directory, then open a cmd window on CCM. cd to \program files\cisco\callmanagerattendant\bin and then use 'acenc.exe ' to find out what your password gets encrypted to. Copy that value. Open acconfig.bat mentioned above (double click) and paste your encrypted password in. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp1185806

- Associate all pilot point numbers with the ac user along with all phones that will use the attendant console client

- you can also use the acconfig.bat file mentioned above to enable queuing on a pilot point, or to set up a hunt group as a broadcast type group. You can just double-click acconf.bat from windows explorer (don't need a command prompt like with acenc.exe)

- Make sure the TCD (Telephony Call Dispatcher) service is activated and running on all CCM servers. If it was running prior to the above setup, restart the service.

It takes a minute or two for the TCD service to restart and for the pilot point to become enabled.

hth,

Don