cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with setting up wireless headset

nhaeussl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! We were given cisco 8841 phone with our phone company for our business. I bought a cisco 561 headset and was hoping to use it but cannot figure out how to.  After lots of research, I think it will only work if I have the ability to log on cisco call manager?   The instructions I phone to hook up were this : 

In order to use the Y cable with 78XX and 88XX phones, it is required to enable Wireless Headset
Hookswitch Control parameter in Call Manager.
Navigate to CM Admin > Device > Phone and select the phone. In the phone configuration page, look for
Headset hookswitch control and from the drop-down list select Enabled. Click on Save, and then click on
Apply config.

I do not have Call Manager to be able to enable wirless headset hookswitch control.   Can I use this wireless headset or is it useless????

2 Replies 2

With the setup you describe you should be using a phone with MPP software and on these the configuration is done on the webUI of the phone. For this you do not need to have a CM.

Response Signature

There’s no need for a CUCM, as the 560 headset is supported by the MPP platform. 8841 doesnt support USB in this case you need to use the Y cable which came along with the headsets.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/Headsets/Compatibility_Guide/n500_b_headset-compatibility/n500-m-cisco-ip-phone-8800-series-with-multiplatform-firmware.html#Cisco_Reference.dita_a0c962c6-eb36-42fa-98aa-2ac457dad106

Cisco Headset 560 Series

The Cisco Headset 560 Series can connect to the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series through the included USB cable or Y-Cable.

The following tables contain information on the minimum phone and headset firmware versions that support the Cisco Headset 560 Series

Table 13. Minimum Headset Firmware

Headset Model

Minimum Firmware

Cisco Headset 560 Series

Headset Firmware 1.5(1) or later

Table 14. Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series

Model

Minimum Firmware

Recommended Firmware

Connection

Cisco IP Phone 8841

Multiplatform Firmware 11.3(1) or later

Multiplatform Firmware 11.3(1) or later

Y-Cable

The following table lists the available headset features on the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series.

Table 15. Cisco Headset 560 Series Features

Feature

Y-Cable

USB

Bluetooth

Answer and end calls

Yes

Yes

Yes

Hold/resume calls

Yes

Yes

No

Mute/unmute calls

Yes

Yes

Yes

Volume control

Yes

Yes

Yes

Adjust sidetone

Yes

Yes

No

Adjust microphone gain

Yes

Yes

No

Adjust equalizer

Yes

Yes

No

Reset settings

No

No

No

Headset upgrades

Yes

Yes

No

The following table lists the available Cisco Headset 560 Series serviceability features through the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones.

Table 16. Multiplatform Phone Headset Serviceability Features

Feature

Availability

Remote Firmware Upgrade

Yes*

Remote Configuration

No

Log Collection

Yes

Inventory

Yes

Headset Metrics