cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Hopefully) Simple change to Unity?

jamescork
Level 1
Level 1

I've just inherited a Unity/CM 3.3(4) system to maintain for the next couple of weeks.

There's one thing I want to do, which I thought would be straight forward, but without success. One user is on holiday, so I want to disable his voicemail and leave his phone to ring indefinitely (a colleague will answer when appropriate).

It appears Unity has no option to disable the voicemail temporarily short of removing the account. Even doing that, Unity still answers after 4 rings and attempts to forward the call to an operator.

Is there anyway I can achieve this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Do this:

Go to http:///ccmadmin (replacing with your server name).

Go to device/phones

In the drop down box select 'Directory number'. then enter the extension you're interested in. Click on the phone when it appears below.

On the left of the screen you should see a list of directory numbers (possibly just one if you have single lines on phones)... click on the one that you want to modify, then scroll down the new page.

You should see settings for Call Forward All, Busy, and No Answer... set all these to nothing, then click the update button.

Then click Reset, then Restart.

And you're done... hope I've not missed anything..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

logon to the call manager

then go to "devices" -> "phones"

enter your directory number and find the phone ,click on it

on the left-top corner you can see "Associated With" heading below that you can find a link "SEP0011yourmac address"(Line 1).click on that link ,you will get a new page which contain

directory number, partition in first section...on second section you will get "Voice mail Profile" make it "none"

on "call Forward and pickup setting" section

remove all tick marks from the check box and remove any numbers from the box and make all "calling search space " as "none"

click "update" and rest the phone.

this will remove the phone from voicemail service.

regards

VijayAnand C.D

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

d.albertson
Level 1
Level 1

You don't mention if there is a CallManager in the picture. If there is, just go into the phone config in CallManager and change the Call Forward No Answer to nothing. At that point the phone will just ring until the caller hangs up.

Dave

We've CallManager 3.3.

Have to admit, this is not my field of expertise and can't wait to have the whole thing off my hands! Can you spell out in words of one syllable where I should be looking?

Thanks for your help.

Do this:

Go to http:///ccmadmin (replacing with your server name).

Go to device/phones

In the drop down box select 'Directory number'. then enter the extension you're interested in. Click on the phone when it appears below.

On the left of the screen you should see a list of directory numbers (possibly just one if you have single lines on phones)... click on the one that you want to modify, then scroll down the new page.

You should see settings for Call Forward All, Busy, and No Answer... set all these to nothing, then click the update button.

Then click Reset, then Restart.

And you're done... hope I've not missed anything..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

First off, thanks for the comprehensive answer.

The only problem I’ve hit is once I’ve selected my phone to modify I don’t get any options to modify Call Forward All, Busy, and No Answer, etc.

I get “Device Information” with details such as MAC address and device pool as well as the option to modify Calling Search Space, AAR Calling Search Space, audio sources and locales.

Other sections are “Phone Button Template Information”, “Softkey Template” and “Firmware Load Information”.

I am clicking around looking for alternatives but without success. Any idea where to progress from here?

Thanks again,

James

logon to the call manager

then go to "devices" -> "phones"

enter your directory number and find the phone ,click on it

on the left-top corner you can see "Associated With" heading below that you can find a link "SEP0011yourmac address"(Line 1).click on that link ,you will get a new page which contain

directory number, partition in first section...on second section you will get "Voice mail Profile" make it "none"

on "call Forward and pickup setting" section

remove all tick marks from the check box and remove any numbers from the box and make all "calling search space " as "none"

click "update" and rest the phone.

this will remove the phone from voicemail service.

regards

VijayAnand C.D

Yup - the page you were on has all the properties of the actual phone device, you need to pick the line to get to it's properties...

The other post from Vijay should get you there...

Aaron

Thanks, that did the trick - and whilst I still had some hair left.

Cheers to both of you.