cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotline or PLAR between 79xx phones

jmagnaye
Level 1
Level 1

I need to have one line (when pressed) from my 7960 phone to ring down immediately another line on another 7960 user. A second line from my 7960 must ring multiple users at another group (which I believe will involve shared lines). Has anybody done this before? 7960 phones are using SCCP only.

I appreciate it, thanks.

2 Replies 2

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

This can be done using translation pattern.Create a new partition and a calling search space.Put the phone in that calling seach space.Make sure this partition is not a member of any other calling search space other the the phone that is going to have hotline feature.

Create a translation patter with blank number and the called party number will be the phone that it wants to call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Blank translations will do the trick - in this case, however, the calling search space would be applied to the DN, not the phone. This way you can have a phone with multiple 'hot lines' or what Cisco calls PLAR (private-line automatic ringdown)