cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does user logout from Extension Mobility?

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring Extension Mobility service. Now user can log in a phone, but I dont know how to log out this phone. I have to go to Administration web page to log the user out.

Is it possible for users decide to logout the phone when they dont use the phone anymore, so other user can log in to that phone?

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Users will only have the ability to login in and out of Extension Mobility on the phone if both the phone and user device profiles are subscribered to the EM service that you have configured.

For example, the device will already be subscribed to the service, as users are already able to login. However, once the user has logged they will need be able to select the EM service using the same services softkey to then select logout.

This will only be available if each user's device profile is subscribed to the service. Without it, they simply don't get the option.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

karthiksr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Huy Dien

You can logout the Extension Mobility from the IP Phone by pressing the services button, then select cisco Ex Mobility and then press the Logout.

If there are multiple users logged on then it will list the users.

Pl rate if this solves ur querry.

Thanks

Karthik Sridharan

99625 14561

this question is to Karthik and not concerned with the EM topic...apologies

Karthik..I used to be a customer of Comnet when I was in India...do you guys do Cisco VOIP...? just to get an idea if there is a market for Cisco VoIP and are there jobs for Cisco VOIP guys... if you wish to respond pls email me at joel.paulraj@citadelgroup.com

thanks

JoeL

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Users will only have the ability to login in and out of Extension Mobility on the phone if both the phone and user device profiles are subscribered to the EM service that you have configured.

For example, the device will already be subscribed to the service, as users are already able to login. However, once the user has logged they will need be able to select the EM service using the same services softkey to then select logout.

This will only be available if each user's device profile is subscribed to the service. Without it, they simply don't get the option.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thank you very much!

After I subscribed user device profile to the service, the user can press the services button to logout.

Once again, thanks million!

Hi Huy, glad to be of service, thanks for the appreciation :)

Best Regards

Allan.

STACY WOOD
Level 1
Level 1

You actually have to add the login/logout service to the users' profile as well as to the device itself.

Reason is when the user logs into the phone using extension mobility, their profile is pulled down to the phone, and if their profile does not have that login/logout service, then that option doesn't appear when you press the services button (and you have to go in to the admin page to log them out).

yanrenwenaini
Level 1
Level 1

YouTube Ripper, Rip YouTube to iPod, YouTube to MP3, YouTube to MP4, YouTube to PSP, YouTube to 3GP, etc

http://www.youtube-ripper.net/youtube_to_mp3.html">YouTube to MP3,

http://www.youtube-ripper.net/youtube_to_wma.html">YouTube to WMA,

http://www.youtube-ripper.net/youtube_to_wmv.html">YouTube to WMV,

http://www.youtube-ripper.net/youtube_to_mpeg_mpg.html">YouTube to MPG

ce_j1
Level 1
Level 1

go to the device profile of the phone and subsrice the profile to extension mobility. u find this on the device side of the device profile at the top most right hand corner

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: