cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Certification

lenny247
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody know the status of ICM certification? I heard a while back about the pilot, but haven't heard anything since.

7 Replies 7

Thunderbird1
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I am aware ICM certification is available from Cisco now. Some of the Cisco training partners here in the UK already offer facilities to take the exam.

Is it still a pair of exams written through prometric or vue testing centres? Also, what is the name of the certification - might help me locate it online so I can view requirements, etc.

I believe what you're looking for is Cisco's Advanced Technology Provider (ATP) program.

Check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/765/partner_programs/atp/

or you could contact your local Cisco channel account manager. They can help you by providing more details on this certification.

Hope I helped :-)

I took the beta certification exam. It was pretty-TAC centric... as in, if you don't work in the TAC, you probably won't get 1/3 of the questions. They are related to specific tools that aren't available to customers. They are working on a new version for customers - but I don't have a timeline. The more customers ask their account teams, the sooner it will get done, though.

Well, I work in a quasi TAC. I support 2 instances in a NAM environment. I saw the descriptions for the beta and I'm prety sure I can pass. Alarm Tracker, RTTEST, OPCTEST, CTITEST, PROCMON what other tools are used by Cisco TAC? Grid?

I don't work for a TAC and I passed the beta just fine. I was a little weak in the Alarm Tracker section, but the rest was material which I personally think any level 2 ICM support person should know.

jeanneq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ICM certification discussions are still in progress - nothing is firm yet, but we're working toward a target of spring of '03.