cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

integrating 'foreign' LDAP into Call Manager 3.0x

jjjwinkler
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a method to integrate a corporate LDAP directory (Netscape, NDS, SecureWay) in a way to replace the Cisco owned. In the readme's Cisco stated that this feature is under testing. Is there any way to get the needed LDAP schema definition?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not positive, but I believe the supported external LDAP directories initially will be Netscape Directory and MS Active Directory.

If you contact your Cisco account team, they may be able to get a beta version of the plugin for you to begin testing. However I believe a final version is soon to be available for download in the Software Center.

Thank you for this information. I think this "opening" to standard based directories will give a big push to the market of corporate converged applications - and we will be lucky to participate here with Cisco.

Is there any news on whether this is available yet? I'm specifically interested in iPlanet / Netscape Directory Server, as I am currently planning an enterprise network around it and would like to integrate CCM into that environment, rather than trying to use iPlanet or Dataconnection's metadirectory products to do translations and mappings all the time ..

thanks in advance,

Andy

Latest word on this is mid-May. Previously it was intended to have been released at the end of April but apparently there are some issues with Active Directory that are still being worked out.

Contact your account team for updated expected release dates.