Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone ring problem

siddhukaturi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Currently I am working in a medium level company,My problem is one of the IP Phone is not getting ring,it only blinks the light.Call is getting connected and Audio quality is also fine but when ever phone rings their is no Sound,I already checked in IP Phone and try to change the seetings in User Preferences,but their is no ring,Kindly help us on this issue,is their any settings we need to check in CUCM,Please help us.

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the Ip phone model? If you have increased the volume setting on the IP phone and still its not ringing ( no sound ) then it could be an issue with the IP phone. Do you hear anything when you try increasing or decreasing the volume on the IP phone? You can try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Manish

Additionally what you can check is on the phone, directory number settings there is a parameter called:

Ring Setting try changing it to "Ring"

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

Thanks for your reply,

I found the same settings in CUCM,what happen if I change Ring seetings to -- RIng,

or is their is any solution of the above problem.

Find the attachment 

Hi Leszex,

yesterday I do factory rest but still issue is not solved,I also changed Ring seetings to -- RIng,

but I dnt here any ring,So is it problem with the IP Phone.

Note: If is their any materials to learn CCNA Voice Kindly mail me on siddhukaturi@gmail.com

Kindly reply.

Hi,

From what we've checked so far this indeed seems to be an issue with the phone itself.

There is one more thing it's worth trying is to upgrade the load on this particular phone.

Leszek

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply, 

yes, I can here sound When I try increasing or decreasing the volume on the IP phone,but is only one ring.

So if I do factory reset can it effect any configuration on IP Phone

If you can hear the ring sound then it means the phone is good, check the ring setting on phone config page on cucm now as suggested by Leszek.

Manish

I checked in IP Phone (7841),setting are same,Kindly check the below screen shot.So factory reset is the only option or is their any checking I need to do,Kindly help us.

Change this settings to 'Ring' from the dropdown and reset the IP phone and test again. If it still does not work try a factory reset.

Manish

Hi Manish,

yesterday I do factory rest but still issue is not solved,I also changed Ring seetings to -- RIng,

but I dnt here any ring,So is it problem with the IP Phone.

Note: If is their any materials to learn CCNA Voice Kindly mail me on siddhukaturi@gmail.com

Kindly reply.