cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA CallManager Assistant Call Control

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am testing IPMA with Call Manager 5.1. For the most part it is all working in proxy mode. The only thing I dont know if it is normal or not is that the call control is down in the software. Is this normal or am I missing something. So basically I cant use the software to grab a line on the controlled phone and initiate a call. As far as incoming calls go, it all works. I can answer the call with the Assistant software...transfer, conference, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

I have seen this exact problem in some other threads with no resolution. The "Call Control" should not show as being down in this scenario. I had a look for Bugs and think that you may be hitting this one;

CSCsj89513 Bug Details

Manager/Assistant Updates not working properly

Symptom:

------------

Changing Manager/Assistant configurations are not reflected in

IPMA/CCM. Also see some error messages on VoIP Phone Display.

Condition:

------------

CM 5.1.1.3112-4

Workaround:

-----------------

Restart IPMA Service from CCM Servicability Pages.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

You are right I also noticed this in my Callmanager ver 5.1.(1)b.

Everytime I add a new IPMA's manager into the CCM, I have to restart the IPMA services before the assistant can filter the mgr line.

But this is not the case for secretary. Where I do not need to restart the IPMA service when I add a new Assistant.

Hope Cisco have some patches to solve this?

Rgds,

KF

Guys,

was just browsing through trying to troublehsoot some IPMA stuff and noticed the post. i had the same issue with Call Control being down and it was working before this. i changed some setting on the RP and this is when it started happening. However, i restarted the Service and i still didnt get it up. i went back and checked the service paramter for the IPMA and noticed that my assistant template and been reset for some reason so i changed it back and everything was fined after the final restart.