Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber problem

divas80
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a problem with our collaboration servers.
The DNS server was replaced and now it has new IP address. I changed DNS IP address on collaboration servers.
Now Jabber client can not connect.

When Jabber connects it shows that Instant Messaging and Directory Account pass, but Phone Services do not.

In Jabber log we can find errors like:

Server reported that the requested file was NOT found on the server.
Line 57: 2022-09-24 16:55:14,254 ERROR [0x0000006fa58c2cb0] [ecc/src/config/ConfigRetriever.cpp(1045)] [csf.ecc] [retrieveAndProcessTLVFile] - TFTP server reported CTLSEPBOTJABBER.tlv was not found. Not trying other servers.
Line 58: 2022-09-24 16:55:14,254 WARN [0x0000006fa58c2cb0] [ecc/src/config/ConfigRetriever.cpp(1939)] [csf.ecc] [secureRetrieveSoftphoneConfig] - CTL file download returned not found error, set serverHasCTL to false.

What can be a problem?

4 Replies 4

If i  understood correctly, you changed the DNS. and updated all UC applications with the new DNS IP. is that correct ?

Could you please explain a little more about your infrastructure. how you use jabber. is it over MRA or internally. And let use know the updated you did after changing the DNS.

Does your new DNS has all SRV records ?

Response Signature

Sure, the DNS server changed and DNS IP also changed. All srv records were recreated on internal and external DNS servers and now are resolvable from inside (_cisco-uds._tcp) and outside (_collab-edge._tls.).

We have CUCM, CUP, Expressway C, E, UCCX. And I updated DNS configuration with new IP address on all of them.

It worked internally and from outside. Now I can not connect to Jabber from outside at all. 

From inside it says Your Contat Service credentials are invalid. Plase Update your account information. 

From outside it says Cannot connect to the server.

As I can understand I should first troubleshoot the internal connection and as soon as it works the outside will work also. As I know if Jabber is inside company then the Expressway servers do not taking place in registration. Because the registration happens directly on CUCM, right? So I think the problem is with CUCM itself? Or not?

The problem was with DNS PTR record for Expressway-E server. It was absent and after adding problem was solved.

Thanks.

Like so many other times. I would say that 9 out of 10 times a missing PTR record is the culprit.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: